Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rocket ski - Any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I'm hoping for a bit of advice! I'm aiming to book my first ever snow holiday this year (had one booked for me last yera Laughing ). I'm going to hang on for a late deal, but I'm not brave enough to hang on to the bitter end, so I'll probably book in feb for the end of feb. I'd like to book one that has everything in, flights, acc, transferes, passs and kit. I was wondering which companies people reccomend for the cheapest deals! So far I narrowed it down to tomson, crystal and reocketski. Rocketski seems very easy and good, but I have heard the odd bad experiance about them.
Are there any pearls of wisdom that experaianced people can offer me!?

Many thanks Little Angel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look at Skitopia - basic accommodation, but all in (Flights, Transfers, Accommodation, lift pass, 6 days food - brekkie, afternoon tea and dinner, ski/book hire) we got it for £489 for a week. We are flying with BA from Gatwick to Turin for a stay in Mongenevre this year, but last year did Serre with them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mystyc79,
I hope they are..............am off with them on the 17th snowHead
Are you a holidaying with mates or family?
Mitch
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hope so too, we're off in 10 days' time with them Shock
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mystyc79, I haven't used RocketSki but have travelled with the sister company, Equity, a few times. We were impressed with the quality, service and all-in cost, and you can 'leave out' any bits you don't need (ski school perhaps?) although the reduction won't be full value as they buy 'in bulk'.

Regarding dates, if you can hang on until 2nd week of March the costs and availabilities will all improve as French holidays will be over (7/2 - 1/3)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
just me and the missus! I'm trying to be brave and not book anything untill last minute but I know I going to crack Laughing
cheers mustdash, I shall keep an eye on that!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mystyc79, I booked our trip three weeks before departure. Good deal too. Last minute doesn't have to be really really last minute.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mystyc79,
I'd go with tommy10pages , best to get a holiday you want at a good price rather than wait & try & get a better price as you may not get anything. Have watched the later deals ( although I,m already booked ) as I want to recal price reductions for perhaps another trip this season or for next year. What I have noticed a bit is the accomodation is available but the flights getting fully booked, so unless you have another way to get to resort, you miss out.
Dont kmow where you are hoping to go, but there do seem to be some decent deals at 1 to 3 weeks notice at the moment.
Good luck
Mitch
tommy10pages,
Where are you off to ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Plagne, Jan 10th. £251/person HB
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
tommy10pages,
Wow......good price Going green
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mitchell, we'll supplement it back up to £750/person on alcohol and steakfrites Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mustdash, what was the place like that you stayed at in Serre Che with Skitopia?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tommy10pages,
Its a tough job, but someones gotta do it Laughing .
mystyc79,
From what I dug up doing some limited research, Rocket Ski seems like a good outfit...........will let you know for sure later this month
wink
Cheers
Mitch
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anniepen wrote:
and you can 'leave out' any bits you don't need (ski school perhaps?)
Hardly if this is a first ski trip! Or was this ironic?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anniepen wrote:
mystyc79, I haven't used RocketSki but have travelled with the sister company, Equity, a few times. We were impressed with the quality, service and all-in cost, and you can 'leave out' any bits you don't need (ski school perhaps?) although the reduction won't be full value as they buy 'in bulk'.

Have used Rocketski in Peisey, Les Arcs. It was a basic old hotel with a bar normally used by Equity for school trips. That particular week was full of last minute bookers. I thought RocketSki were sound.
latest report
Quote:

mustdash, what was the place like that you stayed at in Serre Che with Skitopia?

Chasseur - The accommodation was pretty basic - we had an ensuite room etc, but others didnt. The rooms are more dorm type, but we had 3 rooms - each with 2 people in, so there was loads of room for all our kit etc. The Hotel Sporting in Serre also has a free bar, which is quite handy! The food was really, really good - standard continental brekkie (rolls, ham etc), afternoon tea (served about 4pm) of cakes / tea / coffee / beer, and a decent 3 course dinner (which was really good!). The Sporting is situated right opposite the ski train stop (or is a 5 or so minute walk to the lifts), and has its own ski/boot hire bit attached. The town itself is only a few minutes walk away as well. The hotel staff were good as well. The only downside was that the flights were with XL and to Chambrey. This year we're with BA to Turin, so much better! Although saying that, we were prepared to go to Serre again, to the same hotel etc as we knew what we'd be getting, if that makes sense! Hope that helps!
latest report
snowball wrote:
Anniepen wrote:
and you can 'leave out' any bits you don't need (ski school perhaps?)
Hardly if this is a first ski trip! Or was this ironic?

Isn't this their 2nd trip Puzzled wink I was referring to myself actually, although that wasn't clear, soz! Like your signature line by the way.....
snow report
cheers guys for all your help, i now have many ions in the fiere as it were! The only problem now is I have to wait till monday to make sure me and the missus can both get the leave so we can book up one the deals I have spotted!
Hope you all enjoy your trips!
snow report
went with rocket in the end - leaving this sunday to prato nevso in italy everything included for 870ish quid for two - not bad I thought, now all i got to do is hope that they manage to open the resort - there seems to be too much snow at the mo Shocked !
latest report
mystyc79,
enjoy snowHead
snow conditions
Just booked with them as well (woohoo etc Madeye-Smiley )
They charge a £20 late booking fee if you book within 10 days of departure which is unfortunate as we're going within 10 days Sad Very Happy
So £289 + £21 ski carriage to Chatel, Half Board, 7 nights.
First time to the Portes du Soleil so can't wait! snowHead
latest report
mystyc79, from the title I thought you were considering an alternative to ski lifts Laughing Laughing

snow report
Josef K, still a good deal though! snowHead

I haven't stayed in Chatel, but I have skied through it, and it looked quite a nice little resort with some nice (if not especially challenging) terrain. My old school also went there the year before I started skiing, and it got some very good reviews from those that did go.

Axsman, what's that thing attached by a hose to the guy on the left? Laughing
snow report
skisimon wrote:
[
Axsman, what's that thing attached by a hose to the guy on the left? Laughing

Good question - I need to know!
snow report
skisimon, Josef K, I think it's a boat.

it came from from here Laughing
snow report
I would advise against using Rocket Ski.

My girlfriend and I booked a holiday last month to go to Montgenevre in a few weeks and they rang yesterday to say that they screwed up our accommodation and can't offer us any other in resort.

They won't even offer us a good discount on changing resort!
ski holidays
On the other side, I've used them the last 2 years and all of our party of 8 thought they were very good.

OK, the budget end of the accomodation spectrum, but very good locations, and the staff seemed to have very good customer service skills.

I might change my mind if they did this though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy