Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHead down-Update

Poster: A snowHead
Get well soon
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very sorry to hear about the incident. Best wishes and hopes for a quick recovery to JulesB and thoughts for Helen and the family too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Jules - get better soon and we'll have another trip to LG. Helen, if you need anything while you're here let me know.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JulesB, Hope you have a speedy recovery. Best wishes to you, Helen, and the family.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, I've just had an abusive text message for suggesting that I might drink a jaegerbomb in his honour tonight, so I assume that he's not doing too badly. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well that's good news Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, he's obviously on the mend already then!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linds, Thanks for update. Helen and Jules, Thinking of you. Hope all is fixed soon.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer, you won't be the only one downing Jagerbomb's tonite Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charlatanefc, I think we should text him every time one goes down. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
very sad news. get well soon.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't know how I missed this - sounds nasty though it would appear JulesB has been blessed with some Snowheads luck. Best wishes to him and the family and I hope the insurance comes through easily.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JulesB & Helen : rotten luck, but glad you seem ok.

Right - when does the first "how soon can I ski with a broken neck?" thread start? Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best wishes for a quick recovery Jules B
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very best wishes for a speedy recovery.
snow report
Oh feck. Where do I start this one, without it sounding like a bloody Oscar speech.

Kramer Thanks for being there at the end of the phone on Tuesday morning, and for all your reassurance
Agenterre and MrsA for all you offers of help, emergency genepi runs, texts at the hospital, and offering to drive my car home.
Linds] for the texts, reassurance , professional advice, etc etc etc,

and to all of you, for all your posts, PM's , emails, and text messages, even from SnowHeads I haven't even met. You have all been fantastic.
The French healthcare system is fantastic,and apart from 30€ for the doctor, has been covered by the EHIC card (if you don't have one, get one), our insurance company so far, have sorted out everything else (Direct Travel).

Accident happened at the bottom of the pistes,on AYA about 200m from the Bachas chairlift at 3pm on Monday. We had enjoyed a pleasant lunch, ans were skiing back to the bottom so I coudl shop for dinner.
I didn't see the accident, and Jules is not too certain, but we think another skiier collided into him. Despite the pain, he managed to ski the remaining distance, but then immediately wnet to the doctors.
After a short wait, he was seen, and sent straight to casualty aat Briancon. I drove him there in the car.
At Briancon an MRI scan revealed the fracture, and he was transferred to Grenoble. He had the surgery yesterday, and was sitting upright, and had been out of bed before I arrived at lunchtime. He can't talk much as his throat is sore from the op, as they go in from the front.

It was very scary, but it looks like he will make a good recovery, and should return to UK at the weekend. There is so much to sort out when an accident happens like this, that I haven't had time to even think about it. God knows what our mobile phone bills will be, but thank God he is alive and kicking, and hopefully skiing again but not this season.
I have even tested the anti-pong properties of Merino wool to the limits, by wearing it constantly for 36 hours . It is not even slightly whiffy, and i had nowhere to wash or change.

Once again, thanks for all your support. xxxx
latest report
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

we think another skiier collided into him

Mmmm.. a hot topic on the forum at the moment. Glad to hear that the French medical system is living up to its reputation. Fingers crossed for a swift recovery.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, glad everything is ok, and happy to help.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, similarly, glad everything seems to be ok.
ski holidays
What a start to the New Year. The aftermath, and recovering, and sorting out the paperwork, and getting everybody home, and thinking about "what might have been" will probably be hard - without the adrenaline. Hope the recovery continues well. But good news about the merino wool. wink
latest report
Helen Beaumont, as above lad evertthing seems ok and a speedy recovery
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, what a relief for you, and lovely to hear all seems to be as OK as it could be. SO glad about the merino wool too wink Very Happy
ski holidays
Anniepen, funny the things you think about in the middle of the night. Now sorting out all the stuf with the insurance company etc. One of the downsides of independent travelling.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, I know - my eldest son was in hospital unexpectedly, overnight, and I stayed with him. My thought once he was asleep and all was quiet was whether Mr A would know where the younger son's swimming kit was for the next day rolling eyes You need mundane rubbish to think about when there's much going on around you that ISN'T mundane. Hope the day goes well and you all get home smoothly.
snow conditions
snowball wrote:
Really bad luck. Didn't anyone believe you were seriously hurt?
Get well soon JulesB.

As Julian skied to the bottom of the piste himself, without any contact with the piste patrol, why would they think that. As soon as he had contact with the medical profession, it was obvious.
latest report
Helen Beaumont,

Only just saw this thread, hope Jules makes a speedy recovery. May I advise a fresh bottle of Genepi daily and all should be well.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Your welcome Smile
snow conditions
linds Very Happy .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, good to hear from you, safe trip home to you all x
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, glad to hear all is getting better. i assume the oscar was received for best supporting actress?

taxi!
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Best wishes to you, JulesB and the rest of your Family, I hope the recovery continues well and you get back to the UK as soon as you can.. Smile
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont and JulesB, not the New Year were imagining. I hope the rest of 2009 goes well for you.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Not a good start to 2009 but hopefully no more nasties for you or your family for the rest of the year. Speedy recovery to JulesB from me and Spydie.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, only just seen this post so please pass on best wishes for speedy recovery from Deb & me.
ski holidays
Best Wishes for a full recovery as quickly as possible from us as well. I cant believe how he can so be so 'perky' after something like this. If fortitude and self-effacement count for anything JulesB deserves a super-fast and complete recovery.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, glad to hear that what could have been extremely nasty is now turning into almost "routine". Please send best wishes from Sally and me.
ski holidays
With hindsight, and with a view to thinking through what to do if someone in a group suffers a similar injury, would it be best to await evacuation in a neck brace by the ski patrol - or just get yourself to qualified and equipped personnel asap? I've had a few people skiing with me had a tumble and hurt their neck and often wondered. One, who was in significant pain and a bit concussed (I thought, inexpertly) after a huge tumble on a snowboard, was taken down by pisteurs and transferred to ambulance to Albertville where after an unconscionable length of time with absolutely nothing happening at all, she was X rayed and declared to be OK. But in the meantime, lying flat on her back under bright fluorescent lights, still in umpteen layers of ski gear and instructed not to close her eyes, she was not a happy bunny! I had to try to wiggle all her long johns off without disturbing her neck, before she died of heat exhaustion!
snow report
JulesB Here's to a full and speedy recovery.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Our thoughts are with you. Good luck.
snow report
All the best from the TallTones as well. Yikes!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy