Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHead down-Update

Poster: A snowHead
JulesB, hmm, it looks like a snowboard to me.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like a clothes peg and 3 rawlplugs to me Toofy Grin

JulesB, time for a sH name change the way Nick became Achilles?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glad you're all back safe and sound.

You have all been very inspirational and brave the last wee while

Best wishes to you all for the days and months ahead.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like he fell on a Swiss Army Knife! Skullie
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JulesB good to see you (and Helen Beaumont) are back safely.
We have slingman and achilles, what about Charles I (though perhaps his cervical injury was a bit more likely to stop him skiing)?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow! Looks like Frankenstein's Monster with bolts through his neck! JulesB, hope you make a good recovery and are back on skis as soon as you can be.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JulesB glad you are all home safely. Impressive accessory, if I may say so.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JulesB and Helen Beaumont,

Glad you are back safe to the GeodieLand.

Been a tough time!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Now that's a conversation piece when you can't think of anything to talk about with strangers over the Chalet food!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JulesB and Helen Beaumont - I couldn't believe when Johnboy told me about Jules - glad he's is ok and still in one piece! His entertainment on the 2 PSBs I've been to was legendary. Hope he takes it easy for a while xo
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Juuuuuuuuules! Good to see yer posting matey, get well soon.
(Regarding the x-ray image - FFS! Shocked)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
Wow! Looks like Frankenstein's Monster with bolts through his neck!

Or Herman Munster Wink

JulesB, great to see you posting, hope the recovery continues as speedily and smoothly.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont wrote:
jules has asked me to post his holiday snaps for your enjoyment.

So sweet .. he's had my initials tattooed on his neck Toofy Grin

Wind-ups aside .. so great to see a family pulling so hard together, the junior Bs were absolutely brilliant as well as Helen.

Jules is, naturally, a 'half-full' guy .. we all need a bit of 'luck' but he's earned whatever he gets in his recovery. snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jules - great to see you're on top form - looking forward to the next tentative exploits on snow Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The MRI scans of the displaced and fractured verterbrae are far more scary, at least he is in one piece on this xray. GP made a house visit today after I called them yesterday on the journey home to arrange a sick note, and she has made an urgent referral to the local neurosurgery unit. Hopefully it will all proceed fairly quickly. In typical skier fashion, we were all comparing accidents by the time she left,as she is a telemarker. Agenterre, glad you made it back home safely, thanks for the company on the long journey.
snow conditions
Glad you're both back and OK. Jules, it must be weird living with a (metal?) foreign body holding your head on. When you get to your next bash, we'll all be queuing up to get our hands round your neck to see whether we can tell that you're half man, half scaffolding.

Looking on the bright side, if you're signed off for a while, your post count will soon overtake Helen's Cool .
latest report
maggi, he'll be going some.
snow report
JulesB - does that light go out when you remove that plug from your neck ?
ski holidays
I think that JulesB should become TheQueenofHearts.

Quote:
Orf with his head
snow conditions
Kramer, or nearly headless jules?
IncogSkiSno, thought I'd have a light attached above so people will think I'm always coming up with bright ideas
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
jules has asked me to post his holiday snaps for your enjoyment.

julesb glad to hear you're on the mend. maybe that_was_close as your name change?

helenb re. bolded bit above: was the pun intended? Laughing have never met you guys, but i hope everything has settled down for you and your family now. and that after an "interesting" start, 2009 can only get better for you all.
snow conditions
JulesB, Glad to see that you're safely back home and on the mend. Madeye-Smiley . The last week or so must have been horrendous for you, Helen and your kids, but they breed them tough oop North! Toofy Grin

Do you feel up to sharing with us what if anything you can remember about the accident - eg presumably you were hit by someone Evil or Very Mad and knocked down. Do you remember being on the ground and then getting up and skiing on down to the bottom of the slope (with a broken neck Shocked ), or did anyone go to help you if you were on the ground? Of course if you prefer not to talk about it just tell me to bog off Very Happy
ski holidays
actually given the presence of a Bolt through the neck - FrankenJules seems appropriate Toofy Grin
snow conditions
JulesB and Helen Beaumont, OMG! I've just seen this, just read the first post and rushed to the last page to see where things are at. I am so relieved for you and the family that everything has worked out ok after such a Shocked ! Good luck with the rest of your recovery. xxx
snow conditions
flowa, thanks. We are all completely exhausted at the moment, although the patient is improving slowly, and enjoying a beer as I write this.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, aw, have another one for me Very Happy, wish I was with you guys to have it in person. Lots of love xxx
snow conditions
Alastair Pink, I do not remember the actual accident. The piste was pre-new year crowded, and I couldn't do my usual zip down the edge because I had to cut in to avoid ski school and fallen boarder. I then must have been hit although do not remember. Next thing I know I was lying on piste, goggles and hat a yard or so above me, by a prone skiier with v. old fashioned looking skis asking if I was ok. As I tried to get up clearly I was not ok, but skiied a few hundred meters to bottom anyway. Son removed skis, and i walked to Docs with terrible pain across left shoulder and down arm.
snow conditions
JulesB, do you think you lost your memory or did the incident just come out of nowhere?

Over xmas I was carving very fast on my own down a very wide and open blue when I collided with a chap who came out of nowhere from behind me. I was in mid-to-end of a turn, but I had been clearly on that path - no sudden changes so I havn't a clue why the idiot appeared just in front of me - from his trajectory I think he was just straightlining. He was apologetic and walked back up to help me - I lost both skis and a bit of confidence. He retained his.

Any idea is a helmet would have helped or compounded the damage? (ooh, controversial there?)

I hope to see you skiing next season.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lampbus, IMO a helmet would have made no difference,he wasn't wearing one, and as there was no head injury the helmet would not have protected the part of the neck that is injured. I doubt it would have made things worse, but I am no expert.

As for the incident, it both came out of nowhere, and he doesn't remember it.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, So glad that JulesB, seems to be making a good recovery. It had been very moving reading this thread and I am glad I only came across it when the story had evolved to a point when we know recovery is progressing. You of course did not have that luxury living it in real time and I can't imagine your private anguish and fear over the first days.

All the best to you both.
snow report
lampbus wrote:
JulesB, I collided with a chap who came out of nowhere from behind me. ........ I havn't a clue why the idiot appeared just in front of me - from his trajectory I think he was just straightlining
Laughing
snow report
Quote:

nearly headless jules

Laughing Laughing Laughing The accident does not seem to have required a sense of humourectomy
ski holidays
JulesB, I still have no memory of the actual collision when the *** broke my jaw in 3 places. I'm very happy about it, so I hope you also never remember. Glad you're now at home and good luck with rehab etc.
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
The MRI scans of the displaced and fractured verterbrae are far more scary, at least he is in one piece on this xray. .

Shocked It sounds like Jules was a very, very lucky boy. FWIW I have a bit of a stiff neck and it produced a very uncomfortable and intermittent nights sleep. Poor Jules seems in great spirits, but must be having a VERY tough time..if my little niggle is anything to go by.

I always thought, at best, that Agenterre was a Welsh ladies front bottom wink , I was obviously wrong.....BIGTIME.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Glad to hear that you are both safely home - lots of people were keeping you in their thoughts for the past week. Here's to a speedy recovery and back to the slopes soon JulesB snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks again to everyone for all their nice thoughts. I am now wondering if a blackadder beard is the thing to go with my collar?
latest report
JulesB wrote:
I am now wondering if a blackadder beard is the thing to go with my collar?

Only if you're dribbling and need to recycle food/ale Toofy Grin Ready for the wine tour yet? We could get sponsorship based upon a book as to when we get arrested?

FTS -- I am Welsh but less useful than the 'noun' that you allude to! I wore '9' so being gobby is part of the 'persona requisita' .. I do it well wink .. but thanx. It is honestly no more than any of you would have done in similar circumstance. Just what friends do .. so ends here Embarassed
latest report
JulesB, Good to hear you are back on-line. Like some other posters have said I don't know you, bu Helen has been very helpful in the past, and if I am honest we are probably secretly jealous you've got a place in Serre Che Embarassed

Impressive pix...might have to show some of my physio colleagues the film - you must have been hit with some force to get such a cruncher of a fracture.

On the bright side, you'll be guaranteed a body search every time you fly Shocked snowHead Toofy Grin
latest report
Things now seem to be stuck on the slowly turning cogs of the NHS system. After much chasing today the 'urgent' referral letter has been passed on by the outpatient department by the consultant as 'to be seen soon' and he has eventually been offered an outpatient appointment for two weeks today. As he still has parasthesia and some pain in his left arm I think he is a bit anxious that things should proceeding a bit faster than this.
snow report
I have now managed to persuade the sister in charge to talk to the consultant, and finally have an appointment for Julian for a week today. I do think that things could be better coordinated though for patients being discharged from a hospital abroad and needing referral in the UK. It must be difficult for a consultant here to assess the urgency of a case without knowing the full details . Notes included with the scans and x-rays are fairly sketchy, and seem to be based on an examination carried out by a French medical student both pre and post-op, and this is the information on which the referral letter from the GP was based. The exam was pretty thorough, but one thing I noticed pre-op (and apparently post-op) was when he tested JulesB's reflexes she failed to get a response on the left side, and only a reduced one on the right side. This wasn't mentioned on the referral letter, only the parasthesia (pins and needles) . This may indeed be the case, but on admission, the doctor decided that surgery could wait until the next morning because his reflexes were good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy