Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHead down-Update

Poster: A snowHead
pam w, speaking from our unfortunate experience, wait for the piste patrol. He didn't even think about getting help, but when I think of the potential consequences, it doesn't bear thinking about. Fortunatley for Jules, the nurses at Briancon took off his clothing,and gave him a gown before he had xrays and mri scans.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just got back from Grenoble hospital, Jules is in good spirits, and can now be bothered to talk. I did offer to leave him a hip flask of whisky, as he is now off the strong drugs, but he said no Shocked , so obviously not fully back to normal. He sends his thanks for all your best wishes, etc. We now have to get him home, and on the road to recovery in time for next season. The fantastic snow conditions today aren't helping much, but the drive over the Col du Lauteret was breathtaking, despite the snow on the road. I think we are leaving Monetier tomorrow, but I need to organise a vet for the dog's pet passport, and sort out a ferry/eurotunnel crossing for the appropriate timing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, thanks for the updates; I'm so pleased that the situation wasn't a whole lot worse. We're doing the Eurotunnel tomorrow evening (8.30pm crossing) so we'll look out for you just in case you're around at that time. Is Jules OK with that long drive after what he has been through?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Jules will be taken home by plane. I won't be crossing before Sunday now due to the pet restrictions. I have to have her at the vets no less than 24 hours before, and no more than 48 hours after the crossing time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, best wishes for the long drive back on your own - won't be a very happy trip, I imagine. Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, good to hear that he is doing okay, although I'd be worried by him refusing alcohol Shocked wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont wrote:
rob@rar, Jules will be taken home by plane.

That sounds like a sensible plan! Have Direct Travel been helpful? I've switched my insurance to them this year so will be interested in how they worked with you.

Hope your journey home is as stress free as it can be.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quite scary reading this, never mind being directly involved or affected. Safe journey home and speedy recovery.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, so pleased to hear he's on the mend, it sounds pretty scary. Best wishes for a safe journey home. Back here in GP land we're seeing more than the usual number of repatriated ski injuries, I visited a lady with a broken lower spine vertebra yesterday, after an innocuous piste accident. Moutiers hospital was mayhem apparently, but she was in the next bed to an orthopod with the same injury who helped her with decision making so shes now home in a corset and waiting for the UK teams opinion. Go carefully.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Am late to this thread, but all best wishes to Jules for his physical recovery, and to Helen for her emotional one! xx.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh crumbs, Helen, what bad luck! Shocked

Glad Jules is now on the mend. I would say, give him a hug from me, but probably not a good idea just after a neck injury rolling eyes . I almost feel more sorry for you, though. All the worry, making arrangements, the aftermath of it all, everything is on your shoulders for now. It's sounds as though you're coping just fine though, so well done you! Best wishes from me and Thumbstruck.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jules. I wish you A speedy recovery.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Moutiers hospital was mayhem apparently, but she was in the next bed to an orthopod with the same injury who helped her with decision making

Shocked The number of injuries and collisions reported in the last few days has been chastening. Maybe New Year skiing on crowded pistes is just too high risk?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best wishes from Jo82 and I, hope Jules isn't suffering too much from the alcohol withdrawel Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Helen, Glad to hear Jules is on the mend. My thoughts are with you all and I pray for a safe journey home for you all.
ski holidays
To all the Beaumont family, my best wishes go to you all and I wish you all a very safe journey home.

Was quite shocked to read what had happened. Think you all sound incredibly amazing and positive.

Just thinking of you all, even though I've never met you.

Take care. XX
latest report
pam w,
Quote:

The number of injuries and collisions reported in the last few days has been chastening. Maybe New Year skiing on crowded pistes is just too high risk?

Hmm yes. Skied here in Les Gets over New Year for the last four seasons and have never seen it as busy as it is this year. The boys have been counting the blue lights and sirens at an alarming rate Shocked

Helen, , safe home. We're going back via tunnel late Sunday evening, don't imagine we can do anything to help as you seem to be under control, but don't hesitate to ask.
latest report
Things still a bit up in the air at the moment, different doctors/surgeons giving him different information. It is very frustrating as Jules and I are communicating by text as I am in Monetier and visiting is not until 12 noon. It appears at the moment that it may now be after the weekend. As soon as I know with more certainty I can make travel plans for myself. I am no thinking about leaving today, and going over to Grenoble for the weekend, perhaps heading for the tunnel on Sunday, providing I can coordinate the visit of the dog to the vets for the right times.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, must be very frustrating. You are going to need a good holiday after this - you'll need to be sure to look after yourself when you get home, as you're sure to have a bit of a reaction to the tension of these anxious days carrying so much responsibility. Jules is being well looked after, but are you?
latest report
pam w, my welfare is the least of my worries until I get Julian home, then I can have some rest.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, big hugs.
Bloody doctors, never can get their act together rolling eyes
snow conditions
Nick L, Laughing . The nurse he just spoke to has given him some more information, and thay are going to get the surgeon to come and speak to us as soon as I am there later today.
snow conditions
As ever, I'm probably the last to hear the disturbing news Embarassed but I would still like to pass on my best wishes to Jules - and to Helen & the lads for whom this must be an absolute horror story. Jules is a fit guy and will, I'm sure, make an excellent recovery. Fingers crossed - all the best
snow report
Helen Beaumont,
Like Red Leon, I've just heard the news.
Hope that you you can get Jules home soon.
Take care.
snow report
Me too late to this - lots of hugs Helen, pass my best wishes on to Jules.
ski holidays
I've just read this as well Shocked Shocked

Helen Beaumont, JulesB, best wishes to you both! Hope you get some positive news from the doctors this afternoon, & that your respective journeys home are as stress-free & comfortable as possible. All the best for a speedy recovery!
snow conditions
Shocking news. I hope JulesB makes a speedy recovery and the Beaumonts are back on the slopes in full strength again soon.
snow report
Just heard...

+++++++VIBES+++++++

Get well soon...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blimey pretty frightening all the best for a full recovery. he must be hard skiing with a broken neck
snow conditions
JulesB has now been pronounced fit to fly on Monday, and is asking for a decent steak and a cold beer Happy. Almost a week of either no food or hospital food is getting to him. |We have now arranged everything for the journeys home. JulesB is booked on flight to Newcastle via Heathrow on Monday morning,our eldest son Richard is accompanying him, and I am returning on Sunday/Monday via ferry with Agenterre and Adam ,my youngsest son. It's been a tough week,and one I would never wish to repeat. Sitting in the ambulance over the Col du Lauteret with your husband immobilised in a neck brace with a fracture was very scary, as was watching him being wheeled off for the op. Leaving him at the hospital every day has been very hard, although myself and the boys are now in Grenoble until we leave. The kids have been fantastic, but talking to them this evening they have been very shocked by the whole thing. Spending New Years eve without Jules first time in about 24 years was very odd, and gave me some bad moments. I might be heading off to a quiet corner somewhere for a very loud scream once I get home.
latest report
Quote:

I might be heading off to a quiet corner somewhere for a very loud scream once I get home.

Highly recommended. Will Jules be an in-patient on return?
latest report
Helen Beaumont, it must have been the week from hell, here's hoping a speedy and full recovery.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, Only just spotted this thread. Sorry you have had such a tough time of it, and I hope your OH is fit and well again soon. These things are sent to try us, and it sounds like you have come through with flying colours - I'm sure Jules will appreciate your running around. Glad to hear the French Medical system seems to have treated him well. All the best to Jules for a speedy recovery and safe trip home.
ski holidays
pam w, no, Jules will be discharged home, and will need to go to A&E in Uk as walking wounded I think for referral to a neurosurgeon in the UK for check-ups.
snow report
Best wishes to you both and safe journey home.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, you must all feel totally wrung out, you poor things. Here's to a straightforward and safe journey home for everyone.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, I can't imagine what you have all gone through. Please let us know when all have arrived home safe
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, I'm so pleased you've got all those arrangements sorted out - you've made it sound straight forward, but I'm sure it wasn't. I know how difficult it is having to stay strong for everyone else when all you want to do is cry or scream. I hope your journeys go well and that you can all relax together at home on Monday, and best wishes to Jules for a good recovery.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, in the UK it varies a bit whether cervical fractures are dealt with by orthopods (my personal preference would be a neurosurgeon wink ). A better approach to just turning up at A&E might be to go via your GP who could refer to fracture clinic or neurosurgeon as appropriate to your area.
Glad to hear that all is sorted for the trip home, let's hope that bit goes really smoothly for you. It doesn't surprise me that snowHead s has been of practical help (in the shape of Agenterre) - thanks Agenterre for actually being able to help while all of us just wish we could. Embarassed
snow report
Nick L,
Quote:

Agenterre for actually being able to help while all of us just wish we could.

Hear, hear, good on him. Hats off! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy