Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport carparking...what have they done....?

Poster: A snowHead
Be brave fellow Snowheads. snowHead If you haven't been through the new Geneva airport car rental system yet, you are going to love it... rolling eyes

A bit of a further stagger to the hire desks [remember that 2 EURO coin - the Swiss are sooo cunning...] ...then a bit of a staggering shock at the TINY navette Shocked that takes you to the new car park area. On our way out on the 19th Dec the bus driver was still in a good enough mood to help with luggage on and off the trailer, but when we returned on the 29th Dec, well, every man for himself my dears. Shocked snowHead Shocked

And the waiting queue....a cast of thousands...

As for the car pick up and drop, it is about the same as of old. The sign for the returns is a bit of a last minute swerver as is not so clear, but fortunately DH was up to speed with signage.

Hope to hear your experiences!

Bonne Chance Tout Le Monde!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went through Geneva this week. Basically instead of turning left when you come through Red Or Green at Customs, you turn right and follow the signs for the car hire Smile Once you have sorted your car, you then go through a door where the free bus takes you to the carpark and from here you pick you keys up at the relevant office and drive off Very Happy You don't have that really tight exit and the numerous round and rounds to get out the underground carpark now, you are straight onto the main road. Very Happy

On return if you want to drop the family and bags off at departures follow the signs on the way in for "departures" and go into the drop off area where you get 10 mins free. Then head towards the rental car park P51 and drop your car off. They have even built in a petrol station next door Very Happy so you don't have to try and find one or receive a massive bill from the hire companies in a few weeks. The free bus will then takes you back to departures or you can walk the 300 yards if no bus and in a rush to get your flight once you have handed the car back.

Everything is very well signed posted but the entance to the carpark P51 is a little confusing but if you miss it just turn right at the end of the car park and go back round and follow the signs.

Hope this helps
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
muzza77, Makes it sound easier than MarjMJ, I feel a little less worried now!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I once picked someone up from geneva airport :-s what an experience that was! Just confusion!!!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anotherproblem, They are cheaper in town Embarassed Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stevo_the_saddler, What are cheaper? I assume you were talking to somone else?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was being cheeky about who you "picked up" at the airport. Sorry Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ahhhh and i was being slow Very Happy np!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
muzza77,
Nice one for the info, really helpful.
We're going next Sunday & arrive 09.40hrs. I was hoping to be on the slopes of Les Carroz by 12.30, but after reading some of the horror of late I was sh!tting myself about what we'd encounter!
Is it possible to walk & pick up your car or is it best to wait for the bus?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Is it possible to walk & pick up your car or is it best to wait for the bus?

It's a bit of a trek - I'd wait for the bus.

I don't see why picking someone up at Geneva should be a nightmare. You can normally park outside and it's cheap as chips.

I hated that underground car park and the tight turns too - the new arrangement doesn't sound too bad, though obviously it's sensible to drop everyone but the driver at the terminal first. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Was just a pain in the neck trying to get a space, just wasn't overly impressed with the set up of it, ended up sending someone in for them while i drove about.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm starting to collate the comments on all the different threads, to see if they match up! wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lucan, I don't think it will be busy next week so I would just take the bus, you should still be able to hit the slopes by 12.30 Very Happy The bus is very frequent anyway so a few mins wait won't keep you away from the slopes. Have a good trip.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevo_the_saddler, muzza77, Hurtle, My main concern is that the navette will be a pain for groups and families.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lucan, I reckon if it is quiet you will clear the airport in an hour, so perhaps that 12.30 run will be in order. Have a great trip. snowHead
snow report
MarjMJ, I am in a group of 7, but hoping being a Monday it may be quieter
snow conditions
stevo_the_saddler, I would imagine it will depend on how busy the desks are when you arrive, though we've never had terrible long waits at Geneva. Send runners to sort the cars [I would guess you will have two vehicles], which is what we've done in the past. Have a great trip. Am officially jealous having been back a week... Crying or Very sad
snow report
pam w, bit of a walk ???

Takes less than 5 minutes, very well signposted...almost certainly quicker than waiting around for the courtesy bus (it certainly was for us on monday).

Come out of the doors by the rental desk. Bear slightly to your right as you walk accross the bus turning area and see the pedestrian sign for P51.
5 minute (level surface) walk.
Follow those signs and when you get to P51 take lift to floor 1.

Done.
ski holidays
rungsp, Thanks for the info, may try that unless a bus happens to be waiting obviously!
latest report
rungsp, stevo_the_saddler, Not sure I would have wanted to walk it in the chilly Geneva air - but depends on how well packed your kit is I suppose and how big the kafuffle is . We usually walk back to our car at Newcastle airport parking from the terminal, but at least that is downhill! Very Happy
snow conditions
MarjMJ, the walk is a much more direct route than the one the bus has to take due to one-way roads etc
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy