Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can I buy Ski poles with powder baskets?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

This is my first post Toofy Grin and I hope someone can help me!

I have rented skis for my whole skiing life...25 years! and with 2 weeks in Vail and a week in Val D'Isere coming up have taken the plunge and actually saved money by buying skis for me and the Mrs.

To go with our nice shiney skis we need some poles. I am having no luck finding poles for under £70 which have decent powder baskets on. Pretty much everything on sale seems to have hard snow discs. I need 130cm poles with baskets, I am not bothered if they are carbon, composite or aluminium. The cheaper the better really.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks v much
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get dirt cheap old rental poles.... they tend to have big baskets and to the same job as expensive poles. Easy! Besides all poles do the same job (pretty much)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ullrfest, buy poles you like. Buy powder baskets separately. Ask ski shop to fit them.

arv, there's "big baskets" and BIG BASKETS. Heh Heh Heh.

BTW the Lekis also fit Scott and Kerma carbon poles but not Goode or Swix.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ullrfest, I've 130 cms carbon Poles with Powder baskets on them...make me an offer
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have K2 Five SPeeds without powder baskets (£30 delivered to your door) if you are intersted...

JT, I wasn't going to post it but figured I may as well Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wot comprex said - most shops will change them in seconds and charge very little.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Black Diamond poles come with powder baskets and you can get a pair of adjustable length ones with carbon lower bits.

Baskets are easy to put on. Harder to take off.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies and advice.

I have scoured t'internet and found some new carbon fibre poles with soft snow baskets which also extend to be used as avalanche probes and all for £30.50 delivered! Gimmicky I know but I'm a sucker for a gadget.

Just before spotting them I bought some seperate baskets as suggested and so will take them with and probably fit them to some "dirt cheap old rental poles" when my new poles get nicked during my first hot choccie break.

Thanks again.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

when my new poles get nicked during my first hot choccie break

Laughing Have a good one.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ullrfest,

Where did you find the poles you have bought.

Currently I have tied on large snow baskets onto the bottom of the small ones that I cannot change because my poles are so old.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ullrfest,

Make sure the mechanism that stops the pole collapsing is any good... most aren't, IME, BD excepted, so that makes the pole pretty useless...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JT, IME the BD mechanism works well on Alu shafts, the Leki mechanism works well on carbon shafts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy