Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Donkey Express aka Transfer Salzburg-Hinterglemm 24 Jan-31 Jan, spaces available

Poster: A snowHead
Considering doing the train to Zell am See & bus up to Hinterglemm. Anyone else had a go at it? Any advice?

EDIT: Private transfer now booked. Spaces available both ways

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 7-01-09 13:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vordreggor coach transfer is cheap and reliable also probally quicker than the train. Last year we were the only passngers so we basically got a private transfer.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used these guys a couple of years a go to goto St Johann as there was 6 of us and it was a top of the range merc people carrier and for 99 euros one way it was a bargain.

http://www.transferservice.at/index_en.php
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eeyore, the train is reliable and comfortable, and the post bus from Zell to Hinterglemm likewise. The biggest issue is the number of changes - trolley bus from the airport to the central station, train to Swarzach St Veit, then change to the train to Zell. At Swarzach, the connecting train will almost certainly be across the platform, with the doors aligned - when we did it, we got off the intercity train and asked the chap with the flag and whistle whether the train opposite was for Zell am See. "Of course" was his reply. Expect the time from the airport to Zell to be about 2 hours minimum, and maybe closer to 3 if you time it wrong.

From Zell, the postbus runs from directly outside the station, and takes about 45 minutes to Hinterglemm.

Alternatively, when we did it as a group trip, we used http://www.taxi6620.at/ who took 10 people and all their luggage for €300 return, but that was a couple of years ago. We had a 12 seater bus, and the time from airport to apartment was an hour as the bus went via Germany on the direct route.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I checked www.oebb.at from Salzburg Airport to Hinterglemm using 2 busses, 1 change. takes 2:09.
Only runs 3 times during the day though, but your flight times might make this attractive!

Saves the transfer to the train station and dragging luggage around.

No online prices for that though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Eeyore, Would also recommend Vorderegger

4 buses a day Wed - Sun. Euro51 return for an adult

Here's a link

http://www.vorderegger.at/db_downloads/Salzburg-AE-Wi_08-09.pdf
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eeyore wrote:
Considering doing the train to Zell am See & bus up to Hinterglemm. Anyone else had a go at it? Any advice?

Train to Doncaster - airport only 7 miles away then join the Charlatanefc Tours mini bus ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smokin Joe, lol, funny but useless (sound familiar?Wink)

Private transfer would be preference but at the mo there's only 3, poss 4 of us so borderline economical. Anybody else heading in that direction on 24 Jan? Our flight gets in around 10.30 but can hang around for a little bit. Returning on 31st leaving Hinterglemm around 7.30
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Eeyore, these phrases may help once in resort !

Sechzehn grosse bier bitte - 16 Large Beers Please
erhalten Sie es hinunter Ihren Ansatz, Sie grosses Mädchen - Get it down your neck, you big girl
Okay Christian, erhalten mir ein Flying Hirsch - OK Christian, get me a flying Hirsch
entschuldigen Sie mich Verlust, tut meinen wertlosblick, der diesbezüglich groß ist - Excuse me miss, does my bum look big in this?
Was bedeuten Sie, Sie wünschen schließen? - What do you mean, you want to close?
Ein Babycham der Grube - Mine’s a Babycham
stoppen Sie, bitte zu husten, Nick. - Nick, please stop coughing.
haben Sie einen childs Sitz für die Dame? - Do you have a booster seat for the lady?
mein Stammbaum hat keine Niederlassungen - My family tree has no branches
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Smokin Joe, oi!!! They are copyright me on last years tour brochure Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Will you be issuing a brochure this year ??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Eeyore,

http://www.taxitransfer.at/taxi-service-austria.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Smokin Joe, depends. I have a life this year Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlatanefc, good man - the brochure is not required as long as you have the same tour sponsors !
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ok, so I'm thinking the 2-bus transfer out seems best option and private transfer back (because I believe we will be bigger in numbers). Can all London parties returning on 31/01 for morning flight e.g. 10am please shout so I know who you are & we can look to book something (if fits with your plans). Thank you!!

Alternatively, would someone else like to sort this out? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Eeyore, We are going from Radstadt to Zell on the train then the 680 bus (20 minutes past the hour every hour) upto Hinterglemm on the 24th Jan.

We could meet you in Zell if you wanted to get a taxi upto Hinterglemm from there?

On the 31st we are staying in a hotel at the airport so we don't mind what time we transfer to Salzburg.
latest report
blytht wrote:
On the 31st we are staying in a hotel at the airport so we don't mind what time we transfer to Salzburg.

Taking Mrs B on a tour of Salzburg in search of balls by any chance?
snow conditions
Eeyore, The 4 hour Sound of Music tour looks so inviting Shocked
ski holidays
blytht, saddo Wink
snow conditions
Eeyore, my flight on 24 Jan gets in at 11am, and on 31st I don't need a morning transfer back. Am hoping to hitch a lift with the later-in-the-day crowd to either Zell or Salzburg for a train to Vienna. I'm leaning towards the private transfer option - if we can get even 3 bods for a reasonably priced transfer, at least we won't spend half the day doing a 90 min journey!
snow conditions
There is a transfer service specifically for saalbach Hinterglemm, details http://www.holiday-shuttle.at/ I belive it is direct. My prefered method is very early flight in on saturday with Ryanair, and last flight out the following saturday, use taxi transfers, about 150 Euro each way for 3. Typically i end up with 7.5 days of skiing per trip. Laughing
snow report
Bob, thanks but that is expensive, i've seen better quotes.

vetski, Just waiting for other 2 (1 confirmed and 1 potential) to come back to me.
ski holidays
From expereince I would bear in mind how heavy the road traffic will be from Salzburg through the German corner to the Pinzgau, you may end up paying much more for a taxi that will get you there no quicker than the bus.
snow report
Eeyore, the company Bob mentioned has much cheaper scheduled transfers as well - €69 return pp, taking a little over 90 mins. Outbound, there's one at 10.15am and one at 12.45pm, but that would mean hanging about rather. Return trips leave at 5.30am or 8am, arriving at 07.10 or 09.40, so perhaps worthy of consideration for the return leg?
snow report
your best bet is to ask a rep at the desk just as you go out the airport, they will take you to the resort for a fee as they are going there anyway with customers around 20/30 euro i think i do it all the time as i worked in saalbach for the snowacademy the next resort up from the hinter glem dont forget to ask about getting back or you will be buggered as it is 3 hours to salzburg and a taxi to the airport from the centre, oh and the train station is in zell a good 30 mins in a taxi and being as the austrians charge around a euro a km it is expensive
if you get the chance get the taxi up to saalbach to Bobbies bar!!! it is around 15 euro round trip, when they have a band or spacey is on, it is not a shout but the hinterglem has little to offer other than the london bar/pub
ser vous
ski holidays
vetski wrote:
Eeyore, the company Bob mentioned has much cheaper scheduled transfers as well - €69 return pp,
Cheap you say?! Ouch!! we have another number which makes us 4 and therefore a bit more economical for private transfer on way out. I have hopes to boost the numbers on way back so have enquired on return quote too. will confirm once I know more
snow report
Eeyore, I only said cheap-er, not cheap, honest...and that was compared to Bob's €150 1-way for 3...please don't make me walk... Sad Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:

haben Sie einen childs Sitz für die Dame? - Do you have a booster seat for the lady?

Smokin Joe, I thought we had got away from the height discrimination thing Laughing

Quote:

Taking Mrs B on a tour of Salzburg in search of balls by any chance?

Eeyore, Been there done it, they were horrible Laughing

Quote:

The 4 hour Sound of Music tour looks so inviting

blytht, I though that was what we did the day we spent there or was it just your singing Shocked Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
vetski, lol!! it's ok, sent off the reservation requests, just waiting for them to come back

Linds go on, you know you want to come along!!! Very Happy
latest report
Linds, You may as well come along, you can share with the missus, after the first night I'll only get lost somewhere Shocked
I'll use Fenlandskier technique of a different boot room each night wink
latest report
Quote:

Linds go on, you know you want to come along!!!

Eeyore, See if a good late deal comes along rolling eyes

Quote:

You may as well come along, you can share with the missus, after the first night I'll only get lost somewhere

blytht, That was a classic Laughing Even better was the fact you owned up to calling her Laughing Laughing Wasnt that the same night somebody had a snooze on a bench on the way back?
Quote:

I'll use Fenlandskier technique of a different boot room each night

I thought it was sofas's he was into?
latest report
Ahem, I do still lurk here occasionally Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Linds, BA flight is half price at mo...
snow report
Linds, you know you want to............
latest report
Linds, and we still have a discounted place in a female room. Go on, go on, go on, go on Wink
snow report
Linds, remember to take some crampons for the slippy paths and to help with the ascent of the North Face of the Barstool.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, snigger. Bit harsh I thought Wink
snow report
OK Transfer booked for both ways. 99Euros each way to be split by whoever is on board (up to 8 people). And, relax....
latest report
Eeyore, excellent, well done, and thank you. What time have you booked the return for?

Rest of group - anyone looking at a return transfer later in the day on 31/1? I'm pretty flexible on the time, so if it was possible to get a morning in on the slopes, I'd be up for that!
latest report
return trip leaves hotel at 8am which is making me a bit twitchy but still gives us an hr before checkin closes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy