Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I'm going to Val Thorens in late March - and have got about as far as a flight to Geneva.

How on earth do I go about getting from Geneva to Val Thorens??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty sure there is bus service, think it is called Altibus...also (indirect) train service that hooks into bus service, but this likely takes much longer with the connection.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How much would the bus service set me back? Is the train easy enough or is it a pain?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just gone through a similar process for working out how to get to VT at the end of this week. Bus transfers are expensive... looking at something like EUR120-140 from Geneva to VT return with Altibus. Adding on the cost of flights etc to this, we started looking at other options. Ultimately have decided on getting the train: St. Pancras to Moutiers on Friday evening with a change in Paris at a sociable hour... total cost of train is ~£120 and the bus from Moutiers only costs EUR30 return... so all in much cheaper, and should also give us extra piste time. In my view easier too, as although a 2hr flight sounds quick, it's the hours of faffing and travelling at either end that take up the time.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
car hire is the way to go if you have already booked your flights.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GeorgiT, Take a look at altibus.com. Several departures each day. About 120e return
Car hire would be more expensive, plus you'll have to park it. If indoors that's about 10e per day, so unless you've a group going its a more expensive option.
Train travel will be possible to Moutiere but i'm certain not very practical, plus you'll then have to get a bus or taxi up to VT.
IMHO, the bus is the better option if you are travelling alone.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GeorgiT, Train to Lyon, then train to Moutiers (far more frequent services than trying to book a direct path from GVA to M's) then bus up the hill. Train should be about 40eu return and the bus 30.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How many people? We were 6 people going last year so got a transfer with www.mountainexpress.co.uk, it was about €100 per person. Using www.thecoolbus.co.uk this year going to Les Arcs, they go to VT as well afaik...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy