Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

were to mount my obSETHed 179s , PLEASE HELP

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey dudes,
I have just bought a pair 179 K2 obsethed, i am wanting them for mainly backcountry but a few laps in the park and maybe bit switch riding, k2 suggest between +3 and +5 , also they say any further forward than +3 will affect the tradiotional feel of the ski, i would rather get it right first time so thougts please, do you reck +3 ok ? or +4 / +5 , please help . Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jp 09, I ski switch (well I'm still learning) fine on twin tips with the standard mounting; it gives a lot more stability for off piste and doesn't seem to cause any problems in spinning round. Maybe if I rode switch at full pelt down steeps then I'd consider a more central mounting point.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the reply mate , have you the obsethed and what size ??, also what are you calling standard mounting, i spoke to k2 and they said for 50 % backcountry and 50 % i need them at minimum +3 , few poeple said maybe +5 from traditional maybe too far forward ?? this is what seth has them at but he is a legend. ??
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124306
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144963

TGR will probably have more on this than you will find here, just search!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for tgr link mate, still , it doesnt really give much away there all sayin maybe this < maybe that < no one can make there mind up, because the new 09 ski has rocker tech there should not be much dip on the tip in pow surely, also do you think it matters in respect to , mounting a 189 or 179, cos for a park / backcountry switch ski they reckon +5 for the 189, so does anyone reckon it will alter for the 179 ?? ie should i go +4 ??, or shouldnt a cm make a lot of difference
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jp 09, I've been testing various twin tips but not the obsetheds.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jp 09, I have the exact same issue coming up soon, but I'm going +7 coz I love riding switch and hitting the park as well.

What bindings did you get?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi mate , got the marker free 12 bindings , with 125mm wide brake, should do the job a treat , any ideas mate what i should mount them at , + 3 or +5 , prob going to do say 70 backcountry jibbin and 30 park ?? let me know what ya think
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jp 09, I'd say probably go +5 then, that sounds like the best place based on what you do.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cheers for reply mate, k2 say to me that if i mount them further forward than +3 that "you lose the traditional feel of the ski " hope this doesnt mean it will struggle in the pow ?? what do ya think, also im about 5ft 9, and med build got the 179s do ya reck thats sweet , haha they just dont look as big i thought, do ya reckon 189 too big for my heght and weight to throw about prop ??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jp 09, wouldn't say 189 was necessarily too big for you.. perhaps excessive... hey I am all about the excess as well. I would go with K2's advice, how great are surfboards like that going to be in the park anyway?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got the 179 too, i thought that the 189 would have been great in the pow, but too heavy and long for throwing around in the park, although they'll feel shorter the more centre you mount them, that just takes some getting used to.

I think that they'll still be fine in the pow wherever you mount them based on how wide they are, if you want to use them purely for powder then mount +3, but if you want to use them all mountain-ish, I reckon +5 and beyond is perfect.

I've got had most of my skis centre mounted, I think its just the way freestyle skiing is progressing.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jp 09, http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146125
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy