Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lessons in Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations? So far I can only find lessons with Whistler Blackcomb Ski and Snowboard School. My partner wants to have group lessons when we are there in April. Just wondered if there were any alternatives or what experiences youve had with this ski school. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How's your inner ski tip lead? Confused

Sorry, couldn't let that one go by Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drluvski, no alternatives (at least none that would be allowed to instruct on the mountain, and therefore be insured). In North America there is (usually) only one option, as a company will usually either own the mountain, or the rights to operate it, so set up a monopoly on various things - one of which is ski school.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fortunately though the WhistlerBlackcomb ski school is generally very good. What level skier is your partner?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stuarth, She is able to initiate turns using a bit of a snowplough and then slides her skis parallel. If the slope is too steep she resorts to more snowplough and less parallel. She is happiest on easy blue runs. Checking outh the whistler ski school levels, I would say she is between level 2 and 3.
Will probably go for a 3 day course of lessons, or 3 x 1 day split over a week. Were going to be there for 12 days. Cant wait Razz
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Drluvski wrote:

Will probably go for a 3 day course of lessons, or 3 x 1 day split over a week. Were going to be there for 12 days. Cant wait Razz

I'd probably opt for the 3 day course because you make friends who are the same ski level as you that way, so you can ski round with them after the lessions (as opposed to skiing with pushy partner who likes to jump off cliffs for fun).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowy, Decided to go for the 3day course. Just waiting for the pound to improve a bit before we book it. C$317 for the 3 days. Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Drluvski, I haven't seen 3 day courses on their website. Are these defined as such or is it just a 3 day lesson package?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slikedges, Its just their learn to ski 3 day package. Seems suitable for what they classify as level 1 -3 on their website
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/reservations/Lessons/mg_34/v_1468/b_30/Learn-to-Ski-Beginner-Package--Levels-1-3-.detail
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Drluvski, aahhh, ok, thanks!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy