Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One night (23rd Jan) accommodation for 4 somewhere near Champery ? Complicated but help needed.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have a problem with logistics and our children skiing in Welsh Championships up to 23rd January ( a Friday ), which are being held in Champery, and then needing to go to their separate ways to British Schoolboys in Meiringen/Hasliberg, Switzerland and British Schoolgirls in Flaine for the following week !!

ACRA, the Academy and coaches that will take them from training in Austria on 18th January leaves Champery on 23rd after the final race to return to Austria.. A minibus will be collecting my son to take him to Meiringen on Saturday morning (24th) and we will travel to pick up our daughter to take her to Flaine (where we will stay for the week) on Saturday 24th. During the time the Academy is looking after the racers they will stay in a youth centre in Champery but this would not be suitable for an overnight on 23rd when the "team" has gone..

To solve the problem we need to go to Champery on 23rd and pick up our children and find a family room in/near Champery for one night then hand our son over to the minibus (Saturday morning) and us to leave for Flaine on Saturday morning with daughter. The problem is finding 1 night accommodation at a reasonable price within an hour or so of Champery!

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Alun Williams
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you mean Chambery there are loads of places nearby. Try looking up the Logis de France website, or Campanile - I think we've stayed in one about 5 - 10 mins from there. There is also a pretty grim place called the Hotel Quick Palace in Voglans, which if there was space and time... Blush

Good luck with the search.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MarjMJ, I imagine Alun Williams indeed means Champery, on the Swiss side of the PDS.

Alun Williams, if I were you I'd look for somewhere in the valley and deliver your son up the mountain again on the Sat am. Swiss hotels, especially outside resorts, tend to be much more amenable to individual nights and non-Sat-Sat stays
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We managed to get one night last year in Montriond (PDS) at Les Sapins which is a Logis de France hotel - basic but stunning lakeside situation.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks, yes it is Champery in Portes du Soleil.

I think it may have to be a travel back on the saturday morning but I am not sure of the geography, in the region! Campanile or Mercure equivalent would be good value and suitable for overnight purpose.

Montriond, at Les Sapins is only allowing a 3 day minimum on the Logis web site and the price is over 900 euros per night. The following week in Flaine (for the British Schoolgirls) is 500 euros for the week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eng_ch, Cheers!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy