Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pre-bookable lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
hey, with the exchange rate so poor does anyone know any reputable companies we can buy lift passes beforehand. We are going on 11th Jan to La Tania, so will need trois valleys pass.. many thanks han
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hanuk26, funnily enough, I was Googling just that (for 3V) yesterday. Couldn't find anything.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought mine about 8 weeks ago with Crystals prices (which must have been set months ago) , currently Im saving of about £35 over the week by buying it in advance. wink

That will bring back a few quid im going to end up spending extra because of the state of the £ Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was checking 3V lift passes this afternoon - try http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/home-page.1.html (yes I know it's the Val Thorens site but it'll be just as valid. You could try googling for sagem, the lift operators (I think).

Oh, hang on. The piste map is in front of me, try http://www.les3vallees.com
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, the last link works well. It takes you to http://www.jbsurf.com/internet/default.aspx?CO=1601&LC=EN in a couple of clicks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Renry, yes, but did you do that in conjunction with a Crystal holiday? Don't know about hanuk26, but I was looking for somebody who would sell me just a lift pass for which I could pay in £s. Probably just wishful thinking.
Pete Horn, the resorts just list normal pass prices in Euros - nothing to be saved at this stage, unless of course the £ keeps sliding. Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go to www.skicollection.co.uk and select 'extras'. Significant discounts (£188 for a 3V pass vs 225 EUR) but there is a £15 admin charge - per order though so you get economy from multiple passes. Apparently they e-mail a voucher which you can then print and present to the lift kiosk in resort. Haven't used them myself, but am probably going to do so tomorrow before heading out to VT on Friday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mikeyg, great, thanks! Welcome to snowHeads and thank you for a fantastically helpful early contribution. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mikeyg, that looks like a sick deal!

With a Courchevel pass being 182 EUR it seems worth paying a little extra for 3V

Would like to hear from someone whos used this.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Unless skicollection have pre-bought lift passes in significant numbers at a more favourable exchange rate (which I'd doubt) they are losing money for every ticket they sell at that price. How many travel companies can afford to do that at the moment? Have to say I'd be wary of buying anything which gave me a voucher in case the lift company wouldn't redeem it, unless there was a guarantee of some kind.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, they either a) buy wholesale and sell retail, or b) get a remise based on the number sold. Standard practice everywhere.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar,
Quote:

I'd be wary of buying anything which gave me a voucher in case the lift company wouldn't redeem it, unless there was a guarantee of some kind.

That, on reflection, was exactly what struck me. Maybe mikeyg could report back if he does buy a voucher? I hadn't heard of Ski Collection, but the website looks reasonably pukka.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Think our plan is to use credit cards so we have a little more protection. Looks like they're part of 'Peak Retreats' who have apparently won awards. Will let people know how we get on!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mikeyg, great, thanks so much. Good luck and have a lovely holiday!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks for all your help guys. have booked them through ski collection on credit card even with £15 booking fee it works out cheaper especially with the exchange rate at the moment.. havent received voucher yet. will let you know when i have !!!!!!!!

also on another note - i have booked my money through thomas cook - at manchester airport - paid small commision which means when i pick up money if exchange rate gets better will get that rate if gone down will get rate quoted.

han Happy
ski holidays
just got my voucher through from ski collection all seems in order. han
snow report
I had an email from Neilsen's (with whom I have booked a package at half-term) teling me they are quite happy to offer lift passes as an extra at pre-pound-crash prices. I guess they must have a deal with the resort to be able to promote this. Otherwise, as rob@rar, points out, they wil be advertising a loss-maker.

snowHead
snow report
hanuk26, There are 14 of us going out to Le Bettaix - Les Menuires on the 17th Jan and have booked a chalet with ski amis. I havn't pre-booked 3V lift passes yet and to get them at £188 each would be quite a saving! Very Happy I am a doubting thomas and bit wary regarding the voucher, but it sounds great! Can you explain what it says on the voucher and what koisk do you go to? We will need to get a 2 man chair to get up into Les Menuires and Le Bettaix is very small with 1 ski shop so I can't see us exchanging any voucher for lift passes there! Puzzled

Any info appreciated
snow report
bit wary re: this voucher thing but I have to book passes today so ... decisions decisions...
snow report
Skola, if you're not happy with it, ring the lift company and check that they accept said vouchers.
ski holidays
Lizzard, brilliant! Now why didn't I think of that? Happy New Year!
snow conditions
Lizzard, I wish I had thought of that.

Ah I dont know if its too late .... my first day of skiing will be this sunday and tomorrow being new years day leaves only Friday to book which is pretty last minit.

Edit: Who is the lift company? Appears to be S3V? (http://www.s3v.com/)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 31-12-08 20:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Skola, look, I'm not doing it all for you - doubtless they have a website, which may even give a phone number and an e-mail address.
snow conditions
Apologies. I didnt expect you to reply so quickly!
ski holidays
Skola, I'm leaning on a hot water bottle and drinking wine - what else do I have to do but post inane rubbish on here? Laughing
snow conditions
Lizzard, I see what your saying!

I on the otherhand am posting via my mobile whilst preparing to leave for a party.

I'm going to call s3v on friday and see if they will accept the voucher. I shudnt have left this to the last minit! Although, its difficult not to at this time of the year.

I wish I had seen your advice earlier and been able to call today and get this soryted out....
snow conditions
Quote:

hanuk26

I will also be in La Tania on 11th - and bought pass at standard rate from s3v. Would be keen to know how the voucher works out for you for future reference. Enjoy.
snow report
The voucher basically says where we hand in the voucher i.e la tania centre gondola... our names start date how many days and trois valleys. All looks fine to me. They send a voucher and travel pack in the post, but send you a voucher by email incase you dont get the post in time. I hope it will work.

han
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roxy - they normally say you can collect from meribel les Menuires and somewhere else, but because we were in la tania the lady put in a request for us to pick it up from there rather than meribel. i think you just take the voucher to where you would normally collect your pass from in the resort your staying in.
latest report
going to La Tania on 22nd Feb so keen to see if this vouvher system works
snow report
hanuk26, I see vouchers just like that every week from various operators - it's a standard system.
snow report
mikeyg wrote:
Go to www.skicollection.co.uk and select 'extras'. Significant discounts (£188 for a 3V pass vs 225 EUR) but there is a £15 admin charge - per order though so you get economy from multiple passes. Apparently they e-mail a voucher which you can then print and present to the lift kiosk in resort. Haven't used them myself, but am probably going to do so tomorrow before heading out to VT on Friday.

Hi,

Can anyone use this site, or do you have to have booked a holiday through them? Seems like a good deal for our holiday Meribel next week, as paying standard rate is going to be 225 euros (so about £220) as opposed to the £185 quoted on the site.The admin change is now £25 by the way...

thanks!
latest report
I would also like to know if that site is reliable and trustworthy... anyone? Smile
snow conditions
hi, anyone can use the site - you just say you want the lift pass and you havent booked a holiday through them. I got all my stuff through in the post and it seems fine to me.
latest report
"Ski Extras only bookings (accommodation booked elsewhere) are subject to availability and will incur a £25 per booking fee. Conditions apply. Please enquire with a member of the Ski Collection team in relation to the dates when you are travelling and to the resort where you are staying" - TAKEN FROM SKI COLLECTION WEBSITE" IF YOU ARENT BOOKING A HOLIDAY THROUGH THEM THERE WILL BE A 25 CHARGE - still works out cheaper !!
ski holidays
Hi, think we are going to book ours through them too. We go on the 17th and Ski Collection said I could book up to next Wednesday. I am hoping that everything is OK though as there's 14 of us!! Phoned then and everything does seem to be in order.

Would still love to hear fro someone that has used them in the past though! wink
ski holidays
Bought from Peak retreats on Friday. Voucher yet to arrive, but Peak retreats is the parent company of Ski collection. They occupy the same building.I have 4 years ago booked a holday with them, and they were very good. For those who do not see the resort in the Ski collection website, Peakretreats offers the same deal on some different resorts
snow report
twoodwar, I've booked 10 passes for La Plagne starting on sunday 11 Jan. I've just received my voucher via email. Ski Collection were charging £15 admin fee but I think it's gone up now. Peak Retreats were £25. I'm sure everything is in order....but you still worry a bit! I'm amazed no one on here hasn't done this in the past. Perhaps never needed to.
ski holidays
Maybe we should put this post on The Piste and it may get more viewings and exposure. Anyone know how you do it?
latest report
Wish I'd seen this thread earlier! Only just thought about the 3 valleys lift pass for next week and seen the cost! Shocked If the admin fee's gone up to £25 plus I'm leaving this weekend, it's probably too late now Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy