Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel alpina pass for beginners? - Inghams

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I wonder if anyone with experience of Meribel can help me? I am travelling with some beginner skiiers to Meribel in January with Inghams. They offer a beginners ski pack http://www.inghams.co.uk/ski/FRA/MER/SkiersInfo.html which includes a restricted area pass which I have since gathered is a Meribel Alpina pass covering half the Meribel valley. When I was learning I remember only really progressing to a few runs by the end of the week so I think this might be adequate for a weeks beginner skiing. I would be grateful if anyone who knows the area could advise further. Do you think a beginner would get the full use of a full valley pass? I think at £298 for lessons, pass and ski hire its quite good value but would be very grateful for other opinions!

Thank you in advance for your help!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It depends on how quickly you learn and you mention that you have learnt before in which case you should get the whole meribel pass or even the 3 valleys pass. I would have felt the meribel alpina pass very restricting in my first week. You will enjoy having a greater variety of runs which gives you the feeling that you are exploring rather than just skiing the same runs all day. I believe you can upgrade your pass mid week which might suit you well but I would want to check this.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
total beginners should be fine on the half valley pass - the instructors should take it into account and if they do exceptionally well they can always upgrade later in the week. aj xx
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Total beginners go half-valley to save a few ££. Low intermediates can settle for Meribel valley only if they've never been there before - it has c. 150km of runs which is more than many other resorts in the alps (assuming conditions are good in Meribel and it is fully open). Advanced skiers/boarders may want a full 3V, as Meribel is probably the "least good" of the 3V and is ideally placed in the middle.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi there...

Just wanted to thank you all for your comments. This is such an excellent forum and everyone is very helpful. Hopefully I can do the same some day when I build up a bit of knowledge!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ragski, There is also a Meribel Mini Pass, about 18 Euros a day, which covers the Rhodos Gondola and the area around the Altiport. For complete beginners, this could suffice for a few days, before moving onto the full Meribel pass
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there...

Just wanted to answer my own question since I am now back from my holiday! There were 5 beginners in the group. Most of them found the Meribel Alpina pass completely adequate for learning. By the end of the week, 2 had progressed more than the others and upgraded to the 3V for 2 half days (Cost ~£20) so they could explore the blues and reds around Courcheval.

Hope this is helpful.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy