Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resort for a non-skiier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Decided to introduce my non-skiing partner to the snow. Thinking of a short break in scandinavia for the northern lights etc. Does anyone know of a better option? Somewhere where I can sneak off for a day on the slopes would be a bonus.

Cheers

Paul
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kirchberg/kitzbuhel has some nice aspects for you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marshp,

Was talking to my Uncle about this last night. He hates skiing, but had a great week in Lapland. He has also been to Meribel and was happy to sit in restaurants and bars reading while the rest of his crew skis.

I reckon Zell am See could also be a good bet, very pretty, good walks around/ across froxen lake. Rail access to Salzberg for day trips etc
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marshp, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I'd go for Kitzbuhel, Zell am See or Cortina d'Ampezzo in Italy. Pretty and scenic with nice shops and plenty of non-skiing activities. Could combine with a night or two in Salzburg or Venice.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I took my husband to Les Deux Alpes in the summer. It was fantastic & he has not yet stopped enthusing about it. We had 30 deg wall-to-wall sunshine at resort level, with wonderful walking & superb snow conditions up on the glacier. He was able to come up to the glacier restaurant in the gondola and on up to the top in the funicular from where we went for a ride in the "Croisiere Blanche" a converted piste basher.

I would say it is well worth making sure you are somewhere that has some pedestrian lifts so you can both access a mountain restaurant.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marshp, welcome to snowHeads!
Quote:

pedestrian lifts so you can both access a mountain restaurant

Jungfrau region - in my experience unparalled for skiers and non-skiers to meet on the mountain.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chamoonix is meant to quite good for non skiers. I believe they can go up to the aguille midi at 3800m and admire the view as well as other stuff. It is a proper town so should be better than a purpose built resaort.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marshp, welcome to Snowheads. Lots of great suggestions above (though I'd give Meribel a miss.....). Does your partner like walking? Many resorts have beautiful and scenic prepared routes for walking, and/or snowshoeing. I'd go for some spectacular Alpine scenery (none more spectacular than the Dolomites or the Jungfrau) rather than the northern lights.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marshp, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

My non-skiing parents have enjoyed Wengen, Kitzbuhel and Zell am See.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
marshp, Welcome to Snowheads...

How about Val Thorens on the 10th Jan with us lot?

Does this look familiar?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Livigno may well suit - big town, lots of shops/bars etc., plus skating etc. (IIRC, was a few yrs ago....) but check the tx time - mine was about 7 hrs. Can't remember which airport tho.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you for all the great suggestions. We opted for Norway in the end (sadly no hills ) mainly because we want to go in search of the Northern lights. Who knows if she survives the temperatures I might get her on the slopes next year! Big thanks to Wayne C for the picture of yours truly on the argentier glacier.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dubai ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Madona di Campiglio. Great place and nice walks around.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy