Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest 3 valleys and tignes/Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's cold and sunny
skiied in Tignes/ Val d'Isere yesterday and it was hard with icy patches. The Face was very icy at the ned of the day. there was some snow on the top in places, but you are very aware that you will hit a very hard pack/ice somewhere down every run. The black into Tignes was very hard pack.
Sharpen those skis...
Skiied from Courchevel 1850 for chrsitmas week. It's getting very patchy and lots of stones about, even at higher levels. the ice is appearing on quite a lot of runs. Merribel is better than Courchevel and the top levels at Val Thorens are better, but still getting patchy and icy.
Christmas week was amazing with blue sky every day, but the resorts are now paying the price.

I may head over to Chamonix tommorow (Monday), unless anyone lets me know where is good close to Geneva.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

It's getting very patchy and lots of stones about

Errrr - where was that then? Ok a lot of the exposed ridges have thin cover in places but overall after ten years skiing the Three Valleys I'd say the piste conditions are well above average. The grooming and snow cannons topping things up make for some fantastic piste skiing - lower parts of 1650, La Tania green & blues and around the altiport are superb. Steeper slopes, those in the sun and busy areas are suffering a bit but there's plenty of great runs about. Meribel is all about which side of the valley and if morning or afternoon I reckon. Still staying cold and cannons running all last night with many mounds of snow being left to spread around during this busy week so no worries here...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christmas week in 3 Vallees pretty good on piste, but Val Thorens was closed for all of Boxing day due to high winds, and the aftermath has left off piste somewhat bare.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like some snow is due around new year
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy