Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles - not a fan of them

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need to get some new goggles, im not a fan of them personally and prefer to use sunglasses except when goggles become essential so do need some so Im not wanting to spend huge amounts on them but want some half decent ones.

I have noticed some goggles avaliable that are more smaller in size and look more than swimming goggles, or sunglasses with foam seals are these any good as i might try these.

I probably wouldnt go this cheap (or buy on ebay) but 180316077285 on ebay is the style im looking for, or i could buy these and get some cheap regular goggles as well but not sure if i like this idea.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just spotted these too 350143244418
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow and Rock (probably cheaper somwhere else but I know they sell them) have theses addidas sunglasses which are the same sort of idea, personally wouldnt buy a pair of £8 glasses off ebay and hope that they are any good!

Bit pricey but my dad has a pair as he's the same with goggles and he reckons they are great

http://www.snowandrock.com/BrandSearch/Travel/Accessories/Sunglasses/Elevation+Pro+ADI0007.htm
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
subscribe to fall linemag and you get a pretty nice pair free. I like mine Smile You do need to be buying fall line anyway though to make it worth while
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a pair of Wiley X sunglasses with removable foam seals round the outside of them. They're excellent up to a point. You'll be able to ski longer with them on compared to normal sunglasses, but when bad weather really starts moving in you'll still need a pair of goggles or you'll be steaming up. I found this out the hard way and ended up just taking them off and used my contact lenses as eye proection instead. rolling eyes I now have some cheap goggles from TK Maxx for when the weather gets too bad for the Wileys. I'd recommend the Wileys to anyone though, they're fantastic.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
foxtrot_mike, the thread thus far:

- you don't like goggles and plan on wearing sunnies anyway
- you are getting a set of XC ski goggles and a cheap pair of regular ones
- instead of a proper alpine skiing pair with a nasty weather lens

?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
foxtrot_mike, Dont be a skinflint on goggles if you really enjoy your skiing Smile Im not a big fan of them either and much prefer to wear sunnies. But when the weather dictates goggles I still want to enjoy my skiing so have a reasonable pair for these conditions.

I always take them and hope to never need them, but unfortunately when its dumping down you do Very Happy Had my last pair ( oakleys) now for around 5 years or so and have been money well spent, as they are comfortable and not a problem when wearing.

If you only want to ski bluebird days in sunnies, dont buy any goggles and save your dosh for the bars when people are enjoying powder days Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I find my eyes water incredibly easily, so goggles or close fitting sunnies are essential. I have just the one pair of goggles in an amber-ish tint that was supposed to be good for "most" conditions. I'm considering getting a second pair of whathever tint is best for flat light having experienced it on the E-oSB. Not really sure what colour's best tbh.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wore my goggles for en entire week (first time ever that's happened!) in Courchevel in mid-Dec and really liked them. The lens has a pinkish tint and works very well in flat light. I also liked the fact that they stopped my eyes from watering. The only problem was ice crystals sticking to them, and I've ended up scratching them already with my gloves Sad

I have these ones:

http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/store/product_details.vc?productId=10095&categoryId=1403&gncps=1
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
try here

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/

i have just bought & used a set of RX1 - with prescription , but they do non prescription as well - and they are very good

they got a set to me in three days just prior to xmas so i could use them on a ski holiday
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Not really sure what colour's best tbh.

If it's really flat light then no goggles are going to give you much in the way of surface detail, frankly.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
comprex wrote:
foxtrot_mike, the thread thus far:

- you don't like goggles and plan on wearing sunnies anyway
- you are getting a set of XC ski goggles and a cheap pair of regular ones

?

- you don't like goggles and plan on wearing sunnies anyway - YES
- you are *considering* getting a set of XC ski goggles and a cheap pair of regular ones
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bones wrote:
foxtrot_mike, Dont be a skinflint on goggles if you really enjoy your skiing Smile Im not a big fan of them either and much prefer to wear sunnies. But when the weather dictates goggles I still want to enjoy my skiing so have a reasonable pair for these conditions.

I always take them and hope to never need them, but unfortunately when its dumping down you do Very Happy Had my last pair ( oakleys) now for around 5 years or so and have been money well spent, as they are comfortable and not a problem when wearing.

If you only want to ski bluebird days in sunnies, dont buy any goggles and save your dosh for the bars when people are enjoying powder days Toofy Grin

How much would you say a half decent pair of regular goggles would cost?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
foxtrot_mike, You can get a pair of Oakley A Frames for £56, other manufacturers quality goggles seem to start at about the same price.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy