Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi ski stuff

Poster: A snowHead
Aldi have their ski range in from Sunday (28th).

Ski suits for £48, goggles under a tenner, etc.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs G got one of their suits a couple of years ago
Its as well put together as a lot of branded gear out there and a lot cheaper
Much rather spend the dosh on holiday ( and bear) as have to have gear with the right "badge".
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow I just had a look at their website and i can't believe how cheap that stuff is... most of it would be fine for the casual skiier in normal conditions... well featured too http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_8393.htm

OP, please put a link in the original post in future, makes it easier for people to check it out. Neh Neh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bears in Scotland ! Beats our urban foxes down here in Bristol
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
truffaut, Very good Shocked
Surprising what you see when you have had a few beers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There are a few more ski items in this Sunday (Jan 4th). Merino sweaters, thermal baselayers and snowboarding jacket and trousers plus a variety of kids ski clothing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If anyone was thinking of getting the merino wool baselayer top and bottoms (women's), personally I found that they run big when I tried them on at home - so you might need to buy a size smaller than normal. So mine have gone back Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
leptine wrote:
If anyone was thinking of getting the merino wool baselayer top and bottoms (women's), personally I found that they run big when I tried them on at home - so you might need to buy a size smaller than normal. So mine have gone back Sad

Yes, found the same. None left by the time I was taking them back so have kept them! (the bamboo thing I got from takkymx did enough shrinking to fit ok eventually, my fantastic laundry skills may make this work?!).

Children's stuff and boardwear in tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are the snowboarding trousers coming in tomorrow actually different to skiing trousers in any way?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
leptine wrote:
Are the snowboarding trousers coming in tomorrow actually different to skiing trousers in any way?

yes pal they tend to sit down just over the brow of a hill wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got one of the merino jumpers from Aldi today. They are quite nice, worth the £14.99. I got a slightly loose fit on the grounds that it will probably shrink a bit in the wash. Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skiing trousers tend to have a gaiter on the inside of the ankles to protect against wear, boarding trouser don't have this and can get cut up / sliced when your boots bash against each other
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt - thanks!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JasonW wrote:
leptine wrote:

yes pal they tend to sit down just over the brow of a hill wink
Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bought a pair of the gloves. £4/5, in black, breathable too.
ski holidays
Can you buy online?
latest report
Jode_123,

Nope..and by now much of it will be gone. Sad

I went on Sunday 11am for the snowboarding trousers. They had one pair in each size left...
You usually have to be quick....
snow report
I bought the top from the Accrington Aldi at about 2.30pm on Sunday. and there were a reasonable number left. A friend that went there about an hour later said that all the merino tops were gone. So you have to be quick for some things.
snow report
I've bought two micro fibre tops for £5.99 and a white roll neck. There was soft shells in alfreton branch for £25 too, plus merino's and pants salopettes.
So far, i'm impressed with the tops. They're warm for the school run!
snow report
Hi all - had a look today and most of it has gone Sad hope they get some deliveries in!
ski holidays
Jode_123 wrote:
Hi all - had a look today and most of it has gone Sad hope they get some deliveries in!

They don't, normally.

Each lot of "specials" they get in are there until they are gone, and that is it. (The same goes for Lidl too)

But they do usually have at least two separate weeks during the season where ski gear is among their "specials" for the week.
ski holidays
Malcy wrote:
There are a few more ski items in this Sunday (Jan 4th). Merino sweaters, thermal baselayers and snowboarding jacket and trousers plus a variety of kids ski clothing.

Not seen anything on their website about Sun 4th - is there a flyer anywhere.

Bought some tops and thermal underwear set on 27th - excellent quality. Already have an Aldi ski jacket and salopettes from a couple of years ago which I find to be brilliant quality. Was looking for a smaller adult set for my tall, well built 13yr old son but did not think much of the choice of 1 jacket available - perhaps the snowboard jacket on Sunday might be better ?
snow conditions
kendadj wrote:
Malcy wrote:

Not seen anything on their website about Sun 4th - is there a flyer anywhere.

Bought some tops and thermal underwear set on 27th - excellent quality. Already have an Aldi ski jacket and salopettes from a couple of years ago which I find to be brilliant quality. Was looking for a smaller adult set for my tall, well built 13yr old son but did not think much of the choice of 1 jacket available - perhaps the snowboard jacket on Sunday might be better ?

The post that I made about the ski gear was a year ago. Very Happy
ski holidays
But it is back!! Malcy, you are psychic!
snow report
Yup its back, the merino thermals are ace and the kids have happily added various fleece items like headbands and balaclavas to their skiwear collection
latest report
Can we also add sportsdirect to this, they seem to have a good range at giveaway prices

they also have mail order

some very good airwalk jackets & salopettes ( £35 & £25 respectively)
kids helmets at £16.99 ( the same as hire cost)
girls barbie outfits - £22
boys nofear red / black outfits £22

I was surprised at the quality and cost

( and no i dont work for them )
ski holidays
Malcy wrote:

Doh ! What am I like ? Embarassed

Still it is relevant again
snow conditions
kendadj wrote:
Malcy wrote:

Doh ! What am I like ? Embarassed

Still it is relevant again

Though all the goods stuff has probably gone by now unless you are at the extreme ends of the size ranges! And 14 year old daughter is rather cross with them for the fact their small merino is size 8-10 and she is the skinny end of 6-8!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know this an Aldi thread, but another vote for Sports Direct here, keep an eye on their website, we got a pair of Bloc goggles for £15 which are very good, Mrs Monium managed to find a pair of really rather good salopettes for £3. Yes, £3, on their sale rail. It actually had a tag that had the original price at something like £80, reduced to £25, reduced to £15, reduced to £5, reduced to £3. We had a little pile of stickers on the tag so could see how much they'd tried to sell them for over the previous few weeks! Definitely one of the cheapest places to get kitted out, I got some Airwalk trousers for £15 that are perfectly fine and warm.
ski holidays
Its the kids ski stuff in Aldi again from this Sunday coming
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week01Sunday10.htm
snow report
ALDI IS GREAT FOR SKI WEAR!! Especially for occasional skiiers. My aldi store is always lowering prices on ski wear!! And the quality is acc good!! Would recommend it Blush Blush Little Angel Little Angel Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz NehNeh NehNeh Cool Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy