Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfer from Venice Treviso airport on 2nd Jan to Dolomites - help?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked a last minute ski trip! Flying to venice treviso airport on 2nd Jan with my husband and plan to go on to the Dolomites, probably Selva Gardena but we still have to book accom. I have trawled the net for information on transfers however all seem to be on a Saturday (we fly in Friday) or private hire which is very pricey. Does anyone know of any other way to get to the Dolomites. I suspect we'll have to hire a car in the end!

Also any recommodations on cheap and cheerful accomodation - apt or hotel room?
Thanks in advance for any help...have been before with a group and absolutely loved the sella ronda.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Am flying to Treviso in Jan and staying in Arabba. My flights are Wednesday - Monday, which rules out most options. Have spent quite a lot of time/effort looking into transfers and couldn't find anything other than the trusty old hire car option.

Yes, it's do-able by bus/train, but a pain the backside (specially as my flight arrives late evening).
It's also do-able by coach (think the firm is called terravision), but i can't remember why i discounted this option (probably times/dates).

Transfer quotes have been astronomical (600-1000 euros!), so i'll be hiring a car!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for your help.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have just spent ages looking for accommodation for New Year in the Dolomites.

I have found this and they have availability: www.muellerhof.com

It is in Val Gardena, I have not been there but is apparently one of the most beautiful resorts in the world.

I have decided to wait until after new year so the room is all yours if you want it, It seems cheap and cheerful!!

I was going to get the train from Munich so have no idea on getting there from Venice.

Please let me know if this is a winner as I will be heading there at the beginning of Jan.

Have a great trip.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Call the Trentino bus company direct - they do pickups in Venice

0039 0461 821000

(don't drop the zero when calling italy)

You can get a bus BUT you're much better getting the train
if you really don't want to hire a car which would be the best option
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snow mix, welcome to snowHeads snowHead , try this for an accommodation availability search:

http://195.254.248.2/SInfo/EntryPage/EN_EntryPage.html?null (search under Val Gardena for Selva)

You'll find ski-in/ski-out in Selva the priciest, gets cheaper the further down the valley away from main Sella Ronda lifts you go.

I'm also out there with a mate on 3rd Jan to Canazei. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Downhill Sailor, you might want to check that you can access skiing from that hotel without a car, it's a fair way down the valley below Ortisei.

I'm not sure the ski-bus goes that far, check out this pdf file of the route:

http://www.val-gardena.com/download/gardena/pdf/valgardena-EXPRESS/Plan_valle_bus2008-09.pdf
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Now that I will not be going for New Years eve I can move up the valley.

Hopefully I will find something in Selva at the beginning of January.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy