Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How Much for a Ski Pass

Poster: A snowHead
With all this moaning about the cost of beer and food at resorts I thought it would be good to find out where the cheapest ski passes will be this season because it is something that is a necessity of skiing

I paid €165 for four and a half days at LDA in Dec

Any other prices paid to be reported this season at other resorts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jungfrau Region (Wengen, Murren, Grindelwald)

6 days: CHF302
Season: CHF880
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Espace Killy couple of weeks ago - €250 / 6 days (reportedly).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yoda, They are expensive but not that bad, €208.50 (according to their website).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops,

Yes, the lift pass is a necessity and as such doesn't come into my budget consideration. I can economise on other things, this year my apres ski activities were drastically curtailed but not my use of the lifts. When I choose where I'm going to ski it is based on the quality/quantity of the skiing and not the cost of the lift pass. I also economised by going low season (I know others don't have the luxury of choosing low season skiing).

A 13 day lift pass in Espace Killy from the 8th to 20th December was €306 (£273) because I paid it before I went out to Val D I got the benefit of a better exchange rate. This I thought was excellent value. The ski lift company are even giving me a refund for the time the lifts didn't open due to the excessive amount of snow that fell on the 14/15th.

It's the decline of the £ that is making the difference not the cost in €. If you lcompare with last years prices I think there has been a very small increase.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
welshflyer wrote:

It's the decline of the £ that is making the difference not the cost in €. If you lcompare with last years prices I think there has been a very small increase.

Very true; my 3V season pass increased either €20 or €30, either way a fairly small percentage increase, but the devaluation of the pound meant it cost me over £200 more Sad Sad Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Price of lift passes certainly comes into my consideration when paying for a family of four. There was a thread last year with most of the lift pass prices on them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not really meant to be a moan or gripe, just nice to get an idea of prices we are all paying and whether there are some cheap good value resorts out there because a pass for a family of four (for example) must be a big expense, perhaps the biggest single expense 'per head' for a ski trip, and my pass was more expensive than my flight and my accommodation as 'heads of expenditure' but not (I think) my daily bill for food and beer
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops,
4 days in 3V will cost me €170 in mid January..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
a week (6 days) in Les CArroz €159... also covers Samoëns, Morillon and Sixt Fer à Cheval, including the Vernant bowl and the Grands Vans chairlift.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler wrote:
rayscoops,

Seems a lot but a big area is covered, €40 (+ or -) a day for the big French resorts seems like the going rate for up to a week of skiing,
it will be interesting to see what it is in Serre Chev, Lech or Cervinia or Amade as a comparison.
I recall Whistler being very expensive but the 'on mountain' service was good although if given a choice would I really need someone to take my board out of the rack on the side of the gondola?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, 187euros for 6 days here in the Serre Che.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, whistler lift passes are expensive as are most NA resorts, but you have to look at what you get for them. All the free buses around resorts including late night ones. Guest services have top be paid for along with tissues, suncream, cookies, coffee, hot cider etc. also theres the whole ski area to be patrolled and avi cleared before the mountain opens. Smile

The good thing is the exchange rate has over the years made these passes cheaper, we've skied North America the last few years and have paid less for a two week pass than we would have in Europe at any of the areas we considered Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bones, agreed that the service is exceptional and I did not begrudge paying the price by the end of the trip, but with the exchange rate not so good it is interesting to consider whether I would pay for the luxury of the added service or take my own tissues etc and save a few bob. How much is the 6 day pass ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Marcellus, Chris, seems quite reasonable and perhaps what I expected, more like €30 rather than €40 per day for up to a week
snow report
rayscoops, €177 for 6 days in Lech last week (pre-high season) but that includes heated seats on the chair lifts Very Happy
snow report
Jtr, had the pleasure of heated seats in the St Anton area, and €30 a day for a Lech pass seems good value
snow conditions
Hi all.

Looking at the web for Ski Welt and Kitzbuehel

6d Ski Welt €181.50
6d Kitzbuehel €187.00
6d Kitz Alp All Star €204.00 (covers both Ski Welt, Kitz and 5 others)

We're going to Westendorf mid Jan so having the All Star pass. Better deal than 6d Ski Welt and day pass for Kitz €181.50 + €40.50
latest report
6 days Zillertal ski pass €186
snow report
Sainte Foy passes are only 131€ for 6 days. Gets you cheap days out at La Rosiere, Les Arcs, Espace Killy, etc. too.
ski holidays
I paid €224 for 7 days in St Anton last year (I think, it was a blurred week)

Ski pass and Ski Hire were A LOT more expensive than french resorts I've been to (porte de soleil, espace killy, 3V) but food and drink were a lot cheaper than france.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 26-12-08 16:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Valberg - €120 for 6 days ( and its in France before anyone asks and currently has 2m+ of snow)
snow report
anotherproblem wrote:
I paid €224 for 7 days in St Anton last year (I think, it was a blurred week)

Ski pass and Ski Hire were A LOT more expensive than french resorts I've been to (porte de soleil, espace killy, 3V) but food and drink were a lot cheaper than france.

The ski hire prices in Lech/Zurs are pretty eye watering. Although there are probably deals to be done, the published prices for 6 day ski hire are Platinum/6* = €234, VIP/5* = €184, Superior/4* = €139, Standard/3* = €102, all of which makes me thankful that I bought all of the family's skis from Ski-bilek last year (and before the days of €/£ parity). After 3 weeks skiing in 2008 (2 of which were in the Arlberg), buying skis has more than paid for itself even without taking any ebay residual values into account.
snow report
182€ for a six day pass in 2Alpes, which gives you two days in Alpe d'Huez and one in each of Serre Chevalier, Montgenevre, Puy St Vincent and Sestriere should you wish it. Remember that prices are regressive - the longer the pass the less the per day rate.
snow conditions
Lizzard, are those days in other resorts in addition to the six days in LDA?
ski holidays
rob@rar, er, no. You pay for six days skiing, which you can take in the resorts of your choice. Nice try. Laughing
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
rob@rar, er, no. You pay for six days skiing, which you can take in the resorts of your choice. Nice try. Laughing

I thought it was too generous to be true!
ski holidays
Dec 2008 - 7 days VT only €145.00 and 5 days 3 Vallees only €150.50

One day 3 Vallees extension €14.50

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 26-12-08 17:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, As i mentioned in another post we received discount vouchers of 42 euros each from Tignes/STGM . This brought our new year passes down to 166 euros each. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Jtr this is why I'm buying my own this year, found a pair that I want, brand new with bindings £350. I paid about €140 for the ski's alone (by this i mean just hiring ski's not boots, I don't insist on fitting my own bindings or anything) last year!! Couldnt believe how much it was there compared to when i paid about €70 in france for the same standard of ski's. The other problem is at St Anton the moose behind the counter shouted at me for producing a debit card, demanding that it would not work and had to be a credit card, even though i'd just ran that up hiring ski's for 3 people :-/
snow report
Zermatt is 350 CHF or 394 CHF including Cervinia for 6 days. Importantly for me with a 13 year old daughter hers will be 175/197 CHF. Most of the big French resorts charge full adult cost at 13 or 14 in some cases.
ski holidays
Chamonix Mont Blanc pass for the season is going to cost me €1077. Next year I will know to buy it in October or November to get a 35% discount. Embarassed
latest report
6 day pass for Les Arcs / La Plagne is 202 euro for Paradiski illimite its 243 euro..
snow report
ADH - 203 euros for adult 6 day pass, 145 euros for under 13 6 day and 172 for over 60 6 day pass.
snow conditions
rayscoops wrote:
Kruisler wrote:
rayscoops,

Seems a lot but a big area is covered, €40 (+ or -) a day for the big French resorts seems like the going rate for up to a week of skiing,

Correction: it's going to be €176 exactly..that's indeed very expensive but hey ho..I've already made my peace with it.

I like big areas..I went to the SkiWelt for the last 2 years. 250km of pistes...but somehow I thought it felt much smaller because in the end the main area where most people tend to stay is not all that huge... 3Vs should feel like "plenty to be done yet"...hopefully..
latest report
Midget biker, its not that much as day rates but as a lump sum <gulps>
latest report
'twill be £/€ 187 for me for 6 days in St Anton in a couple of weeks time (+€5 deposit for the smartcard).

I'll be interested to see what the rep's price is on the coach (Mark Warner)
ski holidays
I've paid up front £175 for my 6-day Aosta valley pass for March. Looks like that was a good plan as the rate quoted on the website is €205...
snow report
katski, I shall point that out to the next stingy git who tells me that 2Alpes is 'super cher' and looks at me as if I'm likely to give him a discount as a result. Laughing
snow conditions
Should we be considering € per km of piste? That would make the small but cheap lift pass resorts quite expensive Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy