Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc/Monterosa 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apo's if there's once running already.

Yesterday splendid blue sky day. Pistes in excellent condition. Masses of snow - much more like March than December. Off piste well dodgy - foehn blown, crusty. Today grey and overcast with a few flocons, clearing up now for a nice Xmas lunch.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 25-12-09 15:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
under a new name,

Cheers. Happy Christmas
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hangover? what hangover? after a slow and uninspired start the clouds and snow cleared to bright blue skies. we made it up for a hearty restoring lunch and spent the afternoon cruising the 20cms of unexpected freshies. Yummy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And so to a new season...

Why is it always me on this one?

Rain last night gave way to a little (2-3cms) snow in village.

Pistes in great shape, higher hors piste good if a little windblown - not as deep snow as last year but still a rather excellent amount.

HP better than many times I've seen it but Very, very unstable I think as we managed to trigger two small slides (!) on the in-between piste. Yikes!

Getting colder.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
HP better than many times I've seen it but Very, very unstable I think as we managed to trigger two small slides (!) on the in-between piste. Yikes!

Same as here in Les Arcs, slides on many of the slopes I happily ski without much thought. Also had a few little cracks and slides on one pitch which I've skied a number of times and is covered in lots of vegetation.

Not sure if this was a lucky punter or cut by a pisteur, but I ski that pitch a lot. Makes you think!

Stay safe for Christmas Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, it really does, doesn't it. We tend to be quite conservative round here for a number of reasons, not just knowing where various locals have met untimely ends. and the two slips today were on pitches that really don't have a habit of slipping.

Ski safe, ski well...

And Merry Christmas!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name,
good work on the report! heading to gressoney next week good to know ive something to look forward to! Very Happy

p.s: has the new indren lift opened yet?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch, just how do you manage to post one day into the future or is it one day back in time?

Merry Yuletide
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jms, It doesn't seem to be (Alagna link closed yesterday so we haven't even seen it close up) - whether that's for safety or lack of completion I don't know. New Frachey funicular also doesn't seem to be running.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
northantsred, being green and recycling last year's thread.

jms, allegedly opening today (as allegedly does the Frachey funicular)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is this the new cable car to access the 'back' valley ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
20cm of lovely light fresh snow coated the mountains overnight on Wednesday followed by blue skies and warm sunshine Thursday. Lots to play in off piste, pistes in great condition too. Storm blew through on Friday, warmish, but put about 20-30cm fresh over valleys. Saturday cold and sunny in morning, off piste great fun, but being the weekend drew a lot of people up to the mountains. Quite a few natural slab slides, some sizeable. Wind picked up heavily as day went on which lead to a large amount of wind transportation, and the links between the valleys being closed by mid afternoon. Glorious sunshine again Sunday. Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
david@mediacopy, sadly no. But it doesn open up a bundle of itineraries into Gressoney. As in, without walking.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, Is that one due to open next year ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy