Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have we nothing better to do on Christmas Eve?

Poster: A snowHead
andy, Curtains, doghead, Frosty the Snowman, Gregd, holidayloverxx, JimSearle, Kel, kitenski, kittya, marcellus, Masque, mfj197, Scud, Sharkymark, skimark, Soaranski, Spyderman, stevew, TRJ, Whitegold

...... well?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just popped in to say hello! Got to have something to do while EastEnders is blaring out - hubby claims not to watch it but puts it on!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sadly just realised my Xmas folder on my digital photo frame is very dated, so then realised newly built laptop doesn't have the drivers, so browsing whilst downloading, missus on the phone, glass of something cold n bubbly by my side and off piste skiing in Alaska on Rush HD....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, and why not? Can't be off to see the family until tomorrow - meanwhile there's good company here!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OH at work 'til later, cheaper than the pub; gettin excited about going to Les Menuires from 10 jAN - Why not!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
why not indeed! adverts are on so popped back in Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NOPE
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just watched Jamie Oliver advertising Sainsbury's turkeys and other stuff - at 8.45pm on Christmas Eve? Err .......
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Gadget Show is on (yawn), we've just polished off a nice bottle of Barolo, and I'm waiting for Gavin and Stacey and then I'm going to bed! With two children, we're likely to be up early. Have a lovely Day, all. snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm not actually here, I just programmed my computer to log me in and post a message! wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What are we supposed to be doing on Christmas Eve? I've tried a number of things over the years and it just makes the whole Christmas thing an anti climax. What I like to do is pretend it's not there and before you know it's New Year and you can go out to a party. Toofy Grin

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 24-12-08 22:35; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In the pub......but i have a blackberry so never really leave snowHead !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nearest pub is 20mins drive, and full of chavs (being that the nearest town is chaaaaa'-am). parents are catching up on recorded telly (on the pvr we bought them last yr).
so thought i'd surf a bit and make good use or irc.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was supposed to be going out, but have been struck down with a dodgy stomach Sad telly's boring, well Gav and Stacey's pretty funny, but just caught up on Les Menuires thread, and had a browse! have a nice xmas everyone!! Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just got in from Thai meal with mates. Most of them have gone to rugby club to get s..t faced, I'm cooking tomorrow and have had too many hungover Christmas days to be swayed by just one more. Merry Christmas to you all. Very Happy
snow conditions
Nope, I have nowt to do. Just watched a cheesy movie and now I'm going to read a bit more of my book. Same as most nights...
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, I've been around most of the evening too - nothing better to do so I composed the 12 Snowheads days of Christmas - it's in the Apres section
latest report
I have actually got plenty to do ie finishing packing as we are off in three hours, and there's santa to sort out, and tidy house maybe not, and.....

Have never been so disorganised ever, feel that Christmas has been trying to sabotage skiing, never mind will be there soon and will be worth it no question of that Very Happy

Merry Christmas everyone!
snow conditions
Also got struck down with a mild bug of some sort. Instead of going over to Mom's and pass the bug to everyone, I just say merry Christmas on the phone instead.

Glad to know there're plenty of others who're stuck alone.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx,

This is only the 3rd Xmas in about 20 that I've been in the UK instead of skiing (I decided to save money this year by not skiing at Xmas).

Having watched the rubbish on TV reminds me why I went skiing at Xmas. I am now looking for my next ski trip in January, I know the holiday tour operators are all shut. However I've just received an email from the Ski Lift Company in Val D'Isere telling me they will give me a refund for the days the lifts were shut last week (it's just a normal skiing day in the ski resorts). It's a shame the weather in Val D is overcast today and not sunny.

This morning the BBC morning programme was asking if you would like to spend Xmas on the beach. I have to say I wouldn't mind being on Rendl Beach in St Anton at this moment in time, hopefully I'll be there in a few weeks' time.

Joyeux Noel.
latest report
Rendl Beach
Rendl Beach Toofy Grin
ski holidays
holidayloverxx,

I am really pi$$ed off its Xmas day and I am still here, My wife is an essential worker. 6am tomorrow morning she finishes, 6.05am were off. Until then nothing better to do than go on here, look at webcams of where I'm going. However I am in charge of Xmas dinner this year so that will keep me busy for a few hours.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 25-12-08 11:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Yoda wrote:
Just watched Jamie Oliver advertising Sainsbury's turkeys and other stuff - at 8.45pm on Christmas Eve? Err .......

That's exactly what I thought.
latest report
Kel,

Yes they are advertising turkeys on Xmas Eve after the shops have shut. Maybe they are advertising turkeys for Xmas 2009?

Also on Xmas Eve we have the TV adverts for the Boxing Day Sales.

Xmas in the UK really is for turkeys or is it humbugs!

Yoda,

Thanks for the photo. Sunbathing on Rendl Beach sipping cocktails, that's the life.
ski holidays
welshflyer wrote:
Kel,

Yes they are advertising turkeys on Xmas Eve after the shops have shut. Maybe they are advertising turkeys for Xmas 2009?

Also on Xmas Eve we have the TV adverts for the Boxing Day Sales.

Xmas in the UK really is for turkeys or is it humbugs!

Yoda,

Thanks for the photo. Sunbathing on Rendl Beach sipping cocktails, that's the life.

I know I saw it.
snow report
welshflyer,

Quote:

Perhaps Sainsburys are the 'turkeys' Laughing

To answer the OP. I'm ill with the flu so being as I am bored to death with the usual drivel on the telly...no!
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
andy, Curtains, doghead, Frosty the Snowman, Gregd, holidayloverxx, JimSearle, Kel, kitenski, kittya, marcellus, Masque, mfj197, Scud, Sharkymark, skimark, Soaranski, Spyderman, stevew, TRJ, Whitegold

...... well?

well?

24 hours have gone by &...
snow report
I am still here Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have loaded the car and I mean loaded, cooked the dinner, just about to take the dog up to my Mums. Then I'll come home have a couple of beers which hopefully will help me sleep, however I doubt it because I am so excited. Then 6am tomorrow I'm off. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Just had a look at which sado's are on line now, couldn't help seeing the name of the newest member. Perhaps Admin should have a look Shocked .
snow report
Kel, nice one Shocked
snow conditions
You talking to me? You talking to me??( in best Taxi De Niro impersination!!) I am normal REALLY its just my kids have got Shaun Palmer for the Wi and i am bored!!!!!
ski holidays
Just call us all hard core wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy