Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips for arinsal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Arinsal 4th Jan and was wondering if anybody could advise some decent places for a light lunch and bars for acouple of pre dinner beers.Also i have no idea of prices in Arinsal so if anybody has a rough idea that would be helpful.Finally we are staying at the princessa park but i can`t see any mention of ski lockers on the hotel website so will i need to hire one somewhere.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi doghead, I went to Arinsal a few years ago. From what I remember there is a bar at the bottom of the gondola that takes you up to the skiing area that was pretty lively. The Princessa Park is right next to the gondola.

As long as things haven't changed since I went the best thing to do was rent a ski locker at the mid station (the bottom of the ski area). It's the building where the gondola takes you from the main village, and means you don't have to bother lugging your gear up and down every day. It was pretty cheap to rent for the week when I was there. We even managed to blag our way up there without a ski pass on the first afternoon so we could get rid of the kit straight away.

Hope that info helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was there last year and had a blast. We hired lockers at the mid station - cost about €10 or something like that for the week but well worth it - no need to carry ur ski's up every morning. Depending on what time you arrive you can hopefully get that sorted on your first day as queues are a bit crazy as always on the first morning. My funds didn't run to the princessa park but some friends stayed there and its nice and 2 min walk from gondola. Food and drink prices were pretty reasonable and don't remember any extortionate pricing. Andorra has a tax free status so alcohol & cigarettes are cheaper anyway. We always had lunch on the slopes so can't really advise on anywhere down in the village. We managed to make it around to most bars during the week but most evenings we returned to the derby which was pretty lively.

Have a great trip!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi - have skied Arinsal about 5 / 6 times ................. get yourself lockers at the top of the gondola at the ski station (do it as early as possible when you arrive), the gondola is about 50 metres from the Princessa Park, takes about 4 mins to get to the ski station. As for lunch, I always found it best to come down the mountain and eat in the village, plenty of choice and all within 2 mins of the gondola ......... the main cafe area at the top is pricey and the food is rubbish to be honest.

Princessa Park is supposed to be the best hotel in Arinsal, have been in the lobby a few times and it looks like a proper hotel as opposed to those "ski" hotels ........... can't comment on the accomadation as always rented a private apartment, if you eat out the their is a cracking little Italian restaurant just opposite the gondala (good for lunch as well) and their is a great Mexican ......... their is also a bar / restaurant to the right of the gondlola that does steak on the open fire (can be hit and miss though) ............. Arinsal is a great "compact" little village and the skiing is good for first / second timers as quite limited but make sure you get over to PAL (much prettier area and better skiing) ............. as for prices it getting more and more expensive, Andorra is now trying to compete with France / Austria on facilities and the improvements made are pushing up the prices ................ enjoy !!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I found the skiing in Pal nicer and less crowded than Arinsal, as you can see from the piste map, linked from Arinsal
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd pretty much agree with all of the above posts Doghead: you'll love it!
The Princesa Parc is a great hotel, head & shoulders above any of the others in Arinsal. They have their own laid-back piano lounge, an in-house pub with live music every night, plus a quiet cocktail lounge, which are good for a pre-dinner beer; they've also got a huge basement bar with 10-pin bowling, pool tables, table football & arcade games; plus a wellness spa. Their buffet breakfast & dinner is very good and keeps you going through the day; light lunch on the mountain is really all that's on offer anyway; the exception is La Borda restaurant over at the base lodge at Pal (blue run links there & back from the Arinsal ski area, it's full-on a la carte and well worth blowing a wad at least once in the week. In Arinsal ski area, the Refugi bar/restaurant overlooking the beginners' area is the best choice for a light lunch.
Best apres ski bars nearest the gondola base station in Arinsal village are Quo Vadis, Ciscos, and El Derbi. The Quo Vadis does free apres ski snacks (toasties) some afternoons.
For a full guide to the Vallnord resorts & ski areas, check out Ski-Ride Travel Guides: Arinsal
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the advice folks if everything goes to plan we will be there this time next week.Just looked at the forecast plenty of snow forecast for next week starting to get excited now.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow Beard, welcome to snowHeads. Excellent first post too snowHead doghead, I'd echo the adice about the Refugi for a light lunch/refreshment if you elect not to go down to the village at lunchtime. I can't recall the name of the restaurant on the right as you leave Arinsal, but it's a traditional Andorran place, full of charm. OK it's a little more expensive, but if you're going with a partner well worth consideration for an evening meal.

Again, the advice to take the link to Pal is sound especially if you're more experienced than a 1-2 weeker.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy