Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone slept in an "Austrian Twin" room

Poster: A snowHead
Was about to book a very good deal to Selva but the booking agent put me off when she described an "Austrian twin" sleeping arrangement. It sounded like a double bed but with seperate mattresses and duvets. Sounded fine for a couple, but not me and me mate Shocked

What are they, are they any good for two buddies, that would far prefer normal twin beds?

Cheers

S
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
depends how friendly you are. strikes me as ok to share with a chickee but I wouldn't with a mate...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
go wild
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If its a good deal go for it. I have managed to put up with my teenage son in an Austrian twin.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scotabroad, As they are separate mattresses, you are less likely to roll together. Embarassed You will, however, be very close. Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I did a lot on school ski trips. Not something I'd want to do again. Happy to share a room with a mate, but not sure I'd want to share a bed, even if we do have separate duvets.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did it in Zell am See in 1990. It was like having twin beds but very close together. Not an experience I particularly want to repeat but if needs must....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is exactly that you guys are worried might happen - that feelings normally kept at bay being in seperate beds might rear up uncontrollably when exposed to such physical proximity? wink

I've shared a bed with a mate on many occasions (ok normally steaming drunk) and we've never felt inclined to have gay sex - we just don't dig each other that way!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its far more gay to worry about it than not wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our lads trips have included Austrian twin rooms to keep the costs down on occasions, and as long as neither of you is paranoid about latent homosexuality, there's no problem other than those you would expect from two men in a standard twin room, which usually results in the maids opening every window and liberally spraying air freshener around the place.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JimSearle, Exactly! If you are worried your mate might try to roger as you sleep you then you probably need some new mates! Toofy Grin

ousekjarr, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have shared "Austrian twins" many a time on lads' trips. Nothing untoward or exciting to report, I'm afraid.

It's effectively a double bed with 2 separate single mattresses within the frame. BUT (and it's a fairly significant but) you get your own single quilt. So, unless you are feeling chilly (or frisky) there's no need whatsoever to snuggle up!

If the price is right you should go for it. Gud schlafen!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, but on my own. It was bigger than a normal UK double bed but with separate mattresses and duvets. If you're a night-time fidget like me, you'll often find yourself ending up in the space between the mattresses! Not very comfy! Definitely wouldn't want to share, it's a bit too up close and personal!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not ideal for Queens then.... wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nothing to do with pro- or anti-gay feelings, just don't like to share my personal space during the night. If it was the choice between skiing and not skiing I'd go for it, but first I'd look for other options.
ski holidays
scotabroad, go for it. Like John Crawford says, I too have shared an "Austrian Twin" with a mate - it's not a problem honest............. unless you're mate is really ugly Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
Not ideal for Queens then.... wink

LOL! I'm not really a queen you know... Very Happy
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
LOL! I'm not really a queen you know... Very Happy

Oh no, a closet Queen - they are the most dangerous to share the dreaded Austrian twin with! Laughing
snow report
Well, I'm neither a camp chap nor an old woman who makes a televised speech tomorrow afternoon... Very Happy
snow conditions
queen bodecia, Laughing
ski holidays
My lord - I was only worried about the snoring, there seem to be a ground swell of Phnaar, phnaar going on here Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think an extra 50 quid for the week could be worth it Smile
snow report
scotabroad, To be honest, I wouldn't have a problem with it if it meant a weeks skiing. I'd be more worried about the farting than the snoring. Shocked Laughing Laughing
latest report
scotabroad, eh? Puzzled Farting and/or snoring will still be the same issue in a 'straight' twin room surely - are you back pedalling? wink
snow report
When we started skiing in Austria many years ago this was the norm at first I had the same reaction (but you haven't met Dave L) but in the end a complete anticlimax and we all just accepted that this was how it was / is in austria!
snow report
"back pedalling" - is that a euphimism Smile
snow conditions
I slept with Austrian twins once. Does that help?
ski holidays
stevew wrote:
but in the end a complete anticlimax ...

That's good - climaxs are generally to be avoided wink

this thread desperatlely needs some slightly racier stories from female snowHead s who have had if not torrid, then at least 'curious' encounters in the now legendary Austrian Twin! Come on girls - tell all!
ski holidays
scotabroad wrote:
"back pedalling" - is that a euphimism Smile

snowHead yes I think in the same bracket as 'BendZeKnees'
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27, The best I can come up with is that I had to share a proper double with eeyore at the MSB last year due to admin not realising that another bashee was a girl so there weren't enough beds rolling eyes
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
I slept with Austrian twins once. Does that help?

A little, yes, but the key point is did all three of you guys get a good nights sleep afterwards?
latest report
holidayloverxx, OMG - and presumably you discovered 'the hard way' why the Great Man is named after a Donkey? Shockedh

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 24-12-08 22:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
make that holidayloverxxx,
snow report
red 27, eeyore is a girl rolling eyes (and so am I)
snow report
red 27, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, ah ... Embarassed
snow conditions
red 27, ... I laughed though Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

eeyore is a girl (and so am I)

It just gets better and better !!!
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
red 27, ... I laughed though Laughing

Me too Laughing
latest report
'Where's your hand?........It's between 2 pillows.......They're not pillows!!!......'See the Bears game last night? Laughing

It's a double bed where all you get is 2 large pillows for a duvet, choice of wither cold feet or cold shoulders.
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
this thread desperatlely needs some slightly racier stories from female snowHead s who have had if not torrid, then at least 'curious' encounters in the now legendary Austrian Twin! Come on girls - tell all!

I'm not sure girls stories are any particularly "racier". It's such a non-issue for girls to be sharing a bed.

But, I got a better one and it's the right time of year again...

Quite a few years ago now. A group of us were at Time Square (New York) watching the New Year's ball drop. And afterwards we were so excited we simply wondered around some more having more drinks and then some food... Basically trying to kill the night. But by about 3-4 am, we all got tired, and more importantly, bored with such aimless wondering about the now empty street of New York. So my flat, which was only a few blocks away from Time Square, was destine for our group of about 10 to crash the rest of the night..

Long story short, the boys got sleeping bags on the floor (with camping matts). The 5 girls got a pullout sofa and a double bed. I could never quite figure out afterwards, how 3 of us managed to share a double! Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy