Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Foam free goggles??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm trying to find some goggles for my partner, the problem is she has an aversion to foam,

Are there any goggles on the market that dont have foam!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stt, welcome to snowHeads Smile

Not sure how foam-free goggles would work. How would they seal against the face? If they were just hard plastic wouldn't that be rather uncomfortable if it was held tightly against the face by an elastic strap?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stt, rip the foam off any goggles she likes the colour and fit of, then go buy felted material and trim it to fit.

OHrex's goggles are trimmed in leatherette over EVA foam.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aversion as in "euuuuw" or aversion as in contact dermatitis? If the latter i've found Smith to be as hypoallergenic as they claim over the years if the former, no idea!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's aversion as in phobia as opposed to an allergy!

Comprex - We've tried the ripping the foam off of normal goggles but its a pain in the a*** and the retrim doesnt look good Sad

What are OHrex goggles? i've tried googling but it doesnt come up with anything directly related to ski goggles?

Does anyone know if Bolle do any ski goggles without foam or do they do any replacement lenses for their safety goggles that are yellow/tinted etc? as i've found some safety goggles that seem to fit the bill except for the fact they only have a clear lens.

Bolle safety goggles
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just had a thought, she's only got a small head so i guess the Bolle safety goggles will be too big Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stt wrote:

Comprex - We've tried the ripping the foam off of normal goggles but its a pain in the a*** and the retrim doesnt look good :-(

Mmm. Can't help much there; I think I spent less than 3 hours all told.

Quote:

What are OHrex goggles? i've tried googling but it doesnt come up with anything directly related to ski goggles?

The ones the OtherHalf wears. Currently some UVEX or other, Briko MOZAR before that.

Can't help on the Bolle's but have a look over at the http://www.uvex-safety.com/ site

Otherwise maybe some motorbike/scooter goggles, like the ones from Baruffaldi?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
why not cover the foam in some kind of latex or other paintable stuff..... unless the fear is of foam generally
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the fear is of foam generally Sad she's a silly bug
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stt, what, you mean she's foamophobic Puzzled Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yoda wrote:
stt, what, you mean she's foamophobic Puzzled Laughing

haha
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oakley Crowbars have fleece against the skin instead of foam. There's still foam on there, but there's a fleece layer on top of it. Great goggles too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks stevomcd - i'll look into them!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy