Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno activities

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

New to this forum.....so apologies if this message is not in the correct place. I'm off to Livigno next month (counting the days!) and would like to get a bit more info on cost of other activities outside of skiing - snowmobile hire, ice rallying (or something like that ;0), cross-country etc. Have been searching the web but struggling to get a good site which gives info on these activities along with prices - any info would be appreciated.

Also, whats the craic with snow so far on the slopes - are all lifts open? Has anyone been skiing yet -whats it like??

Thanks a mil
Ema
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
emamcl, welcome to snowHeads snowHead . I can't answer your question but I'm someone who can will be along soon.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been to Livigno as last couple of years but never did any of them other activites.
Good resort, cheap in comparison to other resorts as it is duty free.
And had a look at snow report, there's been loads so far, 134cm on lower slopes and 202cm on upper, with 31 of 32 lifts open.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
was in Livigno in 06 and our tour company organised snow mobile sessions for us near the village. There is also an ice rink at the upper end of the village and a long cross country track going through the valley.
All in all, a very good spot, nightlife is excellent and the skiing was great too while I was there, although we didn't get much fresh powder. Bring a hip flask for the bus trip though, presume you are landing in Bergamo (Milan)? 4.5 to 5 hours, not fun
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pasta, Icecream & drinking were all great quality, quantity & inexpensive. My daughters also went horse riding, it too was not expensive & novel in the snow. You can also day trip to St Moritz tp see how thw other 'half' live.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies. The real downside to livigno is the transfer but I've been assured that it is well worth it - 2.5 weeks and counting!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
emamcl,

Think there is dog sledding too. Also day trip to St Moritz. The transfer is a bit of a pain, but Livigno is pretty snow sure.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
emamcl,

I went of my first ski holiday to Livigno last year and I have to say I loved it. The transfer wasn't particularly arduous and the views up in the mountains keep you occupied for about the last hour. Again I didn't do any of the activities you mentioned - did tobogganning one night for an hour which was great fun! - would recommend it. Did a quick search of t'internet and came up with these two sites for you - most of the activities you mentioned are under 'sport'

http://www.livigno.com/en/index.htm
http://www.livigno.eu/en/home.jsp?idrub=3

Also depends where you are staying but I would recommend Bellavista and San Giovannis near San Rocco for food - pretty good.

Hope you have a nice time.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The transfer may be long but it was an early morning floght & I could nod off. It was my first ski holiday & I got more & more excited with the coach winding its way up to the mountains. I also remember the rest stop where the only thing on the menu was spag bol, crusty bread and caraffes of rough red wine - it was wonderful.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did my first few weeks in Livigno a few years back and always have great memories of the place. i did snowmobiling when i was there - cant remember how much exactly - but well worth it! Place was down toward the lake at the lower end of town.
Quote:

I would recommend Bellavista and San Giovannis near San Rocco for food - pretty good. Prices generally cheap - probably well cheaper than Donegal.

stayed at san giovannis on my second trip and it was excellent - great food, good bar, good staff, good room, right on the slope. Everyone rants about the transfer but it aint that bad, exciting on the way out and probably in the midde of the night on way back. I would bring a packed lunch tho so you dont have to compete with everyone at the coach stop. Skiing is generally easy - two sides of the one valley, San Rocco side is great for learning, lots of short connected blue runs, and there's great easy blues and reds high up on the other side. Have fun.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agree, Bellavista - the best place to eat out in Livigno snowHead too
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cbr7 wrote:
Agree, Bellavista - the best place to eat out in Livigno snowHead too

Another Vote for Bellavista here.
We ate in it 4 nights last year.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeh, I'll get in on the Bellavista action too, just be wary of the meat fondue. It tastes unbelievable, but they set about 2 litres of boiling oil on a wee flimsy stand in the middle of the table, which in a busy restaurant with drink being served always struck me as insane.

There's a wee spot down behind Marco's Pub called Il Cenacolo which does some nice food too.

Ask your rep on the bus what activities they're offering and book them early as the more popular ones (eg. dog sledding) tend to go early.

Here's a wee video I threw together of my last trip there with a few friends (they were gutsy second weekers and could handle most of the pistes) if you want to get a bit of a feel for the place:

http://uk.youtube.com/v/UEFi8fopi2U
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
element, Nice video, you had great snow that week. Gutsy 2nd weekers alright. lol.

Would also recommend booking the night up in the Tea Bork where you get skidoo ride up and get your dinner then walk down. its a mad night, dancing on the tables etc.

Short video from our trip last year: Mainly of messups and beginners.

http://uk.youtube.com/v/bft4xhCaVl0
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hahaha! A few of those crashes are pretty impressive!
snow report
Yeah, not too many up to jumps, but everyone was game to give it a go.
The video from the year before had more crashes:
http://youtube.com/v/MwrNOYgoyGo
snow conditions
Thanks for all the replies and good advice. Seems like Bellavista is the spot to eat! Great video clips BTW. Found another good site off livigno.com - http://www.guidealpine.info/ which has alot of handy info about extra curricular activities!
snow report
also try www.mottolino.com for info and www.livignosnow.com in the apres ski section
hannah
latest report
have to recommend Bellevista aswell, did a five course meal there one night it was so good.
As suggested, Tea Bork is a good night aswell, lots and lots of wine to be had up there!
latest report
tea bork was good, there is bowling between lifts 18-20 at Cronix bar about 5 mins walk from San Rocco
we did a full tour on the free bus one day and at the top of the resort past rocco there is an ice driving outfit subarus etc
for the best steaks try marios just across road from Cronix
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy