Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski charges to/from the USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just been "Reminded" (ie told for the first time) by the firm we are hiring our condo from, that skis taken on all airlines which go to Jackson Hole are subject to excess baggage which starts at $175 Shocked

On asking at American Airlines I was kept on the phone for about 20 minutes while they asked various peole, before they told me that that did not apply, flying from outside the US. When I had booked back in June I had asked and been told there was no charge for skis.

However I'm now wondering what happens going home (via Chicago). Will they suddenly ask me for a huge amount of money? Sad Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
American Airline baggage regulation:

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?p=/travelInformation/baggage/baggageAllowance.jsp

Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll find (under "sporting equipment") ski related allowance.

Plus, international flights allows more bags.

Print them all out and bring it with you if you're worried.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, within the US it says would be $150. But flying from Jackson Hole to Chicago and then home to Heathrow (as you have to) - does that first flight get me the charge? It is still not clear.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I flew bmi & united last year and came back with 56kg not a $ of excess baggage charge but this year am flying AA am 100 % sure as its an international flight there is no baggage charge Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I flew bmi & united last year and came back with 56kg not a $ of excess baggage charge but this year am flying AA am 100 % sure as its an international flight there is no baggage charge Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks - sounds like I'm OK
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Similar worries about US Airways this year, but have printed out the relevant Ts & Cs from the website for "the scene" if one becomes necessary. Mind you, the US airlines generally treat their international travellers better than their domestics.
As I read it, if you're flying from Jackson to Heathrow, then that's an international flight. However, if you have two separate reservations, you may need to gird your loins for a "full and frank exchange of views".
Good Luck - let us know how you get on.
CW Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't know how things work in the UK. But here in the US, you're entitle to YOUR interpretation of the "regulation". So if it's ambiguious, both(or multiple) integretation HAVE TO be allowed, to the advantage of the customer.

You only need to print out the part that helps you. Though it's also wise to make sure there's no clear indication of its limitation the check-in agent could easily find and disallow your version.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball, I am in JH at the moment - having flown out with AA (London > Dallas > JAC) and 3 pairs of skis in one bag as part of our 2 x 23kg each allowance. No excess charge. No problem.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stoatsbrother, that's good to hear. Am off there in 4 weeks time with United via Chicago, hopefully the same deal with them. So it's good to hear that my combined birthday/christmas present won't attract a heavy charge!

snowball, when are you going?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy