Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I pre-book my ski's and Boots?? How much will I save?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can someone please tell me if it is a good Idea to pre-book my ski hire for Val Thorens in January? I know the euro - Pound conversion is V.poor at mo but the prices I am seeing on hire websites seem to be higher than usuall, Quoting about £80-90 for Silver Ski package etc.. Can some one confirm on prices if I hire when I get there and if any one knows of a good company in Val Thorens that are cheap or have offers on for pre booking. All help and tips welcome.

Regards.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jimmy38, My son has paid similar with an online firm for La Plagne. I told him I thought it seemed expensive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Republic are doing a 2 for 1 offer in VT but I don't know if it is actually cheaper.

http://www.ski-republic.com/en/ski-hire-and-rental-prices

We're going to VT on the 10th and have been promised 15% off kit hire with our digs in their local shop, So we've decided that convience will be more important than possibly saving a tenner. Of course, this plan might backfire when we get there if the local shop doesn't have K2s or B3s.. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jimmy38, I would go and haggle in the shop while holding the folding - money talks, although if VT has a cartel going you could be royally shafted...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have prebooked ski hire and lift pass with the TO. At the time I did it for convenience sake, but now it appears I'm quids in as the pound has plummeted since then...

It's all a bit of a gamble at the moment...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rather oddly, I had an email from Neilsens today pointing out that if I book my lift pass etc with them I can do it at brochure prices. Since the Dolomiti Superski pass is €220, I might look into that. I can't see what they are getting out of it, unless they already have a deal with the local lift operators. If that is what the OP was suggesting, it might be worth it.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In my experience over the last few years prebooking skis and boots online would only save me about a fiver over the shop prices, and this was a bit of a pain as i once prebooked from a shop at the other end of the resort (idiot idiot idiot)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy