Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic nomad whiteout's...suitable level??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guy's, i decided to make another topic as i have now stretched my budget slightly. For those who didn't see my old topic:

I've been a boarder for the last 2 years but as all my friends ski and it seems resorts in europe are more ski friendly and i think i'll enjoy it more I decided to learn to ski. At the dry slope i'm parallel turning reasonably well at a medium speed, i hope to improve before i go away (end of jan) with a trip to the slope every week up until then. I'm not sure what level that puts me, i guess around intermediate?

Anyway, i have purchased my own boots (nordica speed machine 8's) as i have narrow feet and with a custom insole these fit perfectly, I'm currently looking at ski's but I'm struggeling as there is so much to choose from. Just to give you an idea on my stats etc, I'm about 6ft tall, 69kg and quite athletic. I like to push myself and improve as much as possible. I have learnt on a 160cm rossignol ski and have found this very comfy.

I want something in the all mountain category, I'll mainly be on piste but would like to do some off-piste and no doubt this will increase the more experience and slope time I get.

I have been looking at ski's such as

-07/08 atomic nomad whiteouts, reviews seem good and they seem like they would be good for my ability now and in the future, but I'm worried that the 79mm waist would be too wide for on-piste and quite hard to turn compared to a narrower waist?

-Nordica hot rod eliminator, seem like a good ski and something i could use for quite some time but hard to get a good deal on them and not many shops seem to stock them.

-06/07 blizzard iqon 6900, a friend uses the same year 7200, well within my budget but i'm getting a mixed level rating, some say intermediate, some say intermediate advanced, seem very good for £165!

Any other recommendations or size advice in terms of width etc appreciated. thanks-Hugh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wouldn't bother buying skis at all at the moment. What is going to be good for you this year for learning is probably not going to last long before you need something more advanced. Rent something appropriate.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hugh_b, I was using the nomad whiteouts at Tignes last weekend. I wouldn't recommend them for learning. While i could ski them ok on piste for "normal" piste conditions (i.e, not powder) I would want my piste ski. (I'm an ok skier)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy