Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Falken hotel or Belvedere hotels Wengen, any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondered if anyone had stayed there recently and what you thought of it as these are the hotels i can get a fairly good package price on. It is half board so what's the quality of the food like and how do you rate the hotels position service etc.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I skied past it about 48 hours ago, does that count? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed at the Falken some 10 years ago. Very quaint. Room originally very small but upgraded after (ex)wife resuscitated owner's aging relative in the restaurant. Food fine.

It may have been redecorated since, certainly deserved it but charming in its own way.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Falken is under new ownership and it looks (from the outside) like they've spent a lot of money improving the building. Inside I never get further than the bar, but even in there I saw improvements this season.

The Belvedere is a short walk out of town, so I rarely go in.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch wrote:
Very quaint.

Agreed. I stayed elsewhere but popped inside with some people who had stayed there on a previous trip. They told me it used to be like 'Fawlty Towers'. Decor had certainly seen better days.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed at thye Hotel Falken about 5 years ago. It was a cross between Fawlty towers and the Adams Family - it even had a bald owner called igor and a Rumanian midget pianist with a clubbed foot who reminded me of Rosa Klebb (From Russia with Love). It was the best stay at a hotel I have ever had. I hope it hasn't changed too much. Skullie
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boothy that does bother me somewhat!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well andyarmitage, it was more interesting than a Crystal chalet hotel anyway. Most hotels are not memorable. Hotel Falken is. My girlfriend is a vegetarian and got friendly with the maitre D 'cos there were no veggy options (at the time anyway). She does eat fish sometimes and as a result he arranged pan-fried, bake, smoked, boiled, carved, powdered and boarded fish (the same type of fish every night). He was immaculate in black livery with silver buttons and bowed to her every evening. The bar staff were excellent. You could ski cross country to the cable car and could ski (bravely)home every night. We both loved it as it the most charming hotel I have ever stayed in. I found it more charming than the Marriott's I get to stay on business every week of my working life even if their service is excellent.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Boothy i have just booked our room with the falken, like you we like quirky people and places so thanks for your help she has given us a south facing room for the same price number 10 it is.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyarmitage, so when will you be there ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can you believe it David we are finally going to go, and you must take some of the blame err i mean credit for it, as i did speak to you about it when i could use SCGB forum last year but we went to obergurgl instead as i was concerned when reading where to ski 2004 as it gives Wengen only two stars out of five for snow reliability. I am taking a chance on the Falken as it does seem quirky to me and i think we will like it. We are going to be there from the 26th of feb until the 5th of march it would be great to meet you if you are there, we watched the eiger sanction last night and that scenery made us want to go more. I know we weren't going to ski this year to save money but you only live once and it's got to be done.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andyarmitage, sadly I'm going to be back home by then, but have fun and take the time to go down to the Alpenrose and see what you are missing wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy