Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claviere - information please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have just booked a fab deal to Claviere 11/01 (haveposted details on Trips.)

CAn anyone who has been there recently tell me if the 2 long drags have been replaced yet? They were the only downside when I spent the day there some years ago.

Is it easy to get to Serre Chevalier from the village?

Finally, any advice on the village?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vast majority of the drags in Claviere were replaced prior to the Olympics - but I'm not sure which two you are referring to. Very Happy

To get to Serre Chevalier, you have to take the road via Montgenevre and Briancon. Easy if you've a car, less easy if you have to rely on buses.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mister T, there is a public bus service to Briancon, but not sure about the timetable. If you are going with a tour op they might run a day trip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not much time to comment at the moment, I apologise.

But a lovely ski area linked with Montgenevre with no essential drag lifts anymore.

Drove through it this morning, it looked lovely.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was there last year and don't recall any long drags, but the old memory ain't what it used to be rolling eyes

Anything else you want to know?

Do a search on me or Christopher and you should find some information from previous threads.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mister T, Went there 2 years ago, so after Olympics, and was surprised about how backdated everything was. Easy to ski to Montgenevre and I believe a new tunnel has eased the horrendous traffic problems late afternoon. Highly recommend Kilt restaurant - for me that was the only real high point of the place.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.vialattea.it/en/webcam.html

this should wet your appetite, looks lovely. There are exceptional pizzas just to the right of the sangalonga camera.

Although I understand where boabski is coming from. It is true to say that the town doesn't have much to offer but the skiing and local people are great. Black belt skiers might find it a tad boring and unchallenging but anyone else who likes hossing about on fast reds will enjoy it, and thats not even including Montgenevre (my personal favourite in that area).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just come back - the snow was in great condition, had a fantastic week, never been before to Claviere but really liked it - the slopes were reasonably quiet for a peak week, particularly compared to the horrendous lift queues we found when we went over to Sestriere. No drags in Claviere - try the La Coche for lunch near the bottom of the fast chair and La Kilt in Claviere if you like pizza! As Ian says the people are really friendly and the runs, whilst not extensive are varied and fun!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy