Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nonstop ski - 3 wk instructor/improvement course Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm in my mid thirtys now and have an opportunity to take some time from work next season. I'm seriously looking at doing a three week part one instructor course in Canada with Non-stop Ski. I got the brouchure and DVD through and the organisation looks very professional and great fun. I'm not looking for a career change but simply to improve my skiing and 5 hours a day for three weeks will probably do the trick. The courses are held in Fernie, Whistler and Banff. Has anybody completed a course with this company, some of the footage on the DVD looks amazing.
thanks in advance, Boyd Little Angel
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haven't done the course but had seen it as i want to do a few seasons after uni. I want to do some teaching so thought maybe this would be good as you can get straight into teaching but have made my mind up on a 3 month jobby! This isn't for another 4 years though! rolling eyes Laughing But for someone looking purely to improve their skiing i think it would be excellent!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boyd, did the 11 week in Banff.. any particular questions?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Really good program, and it's reasonable value - if you break it down, each part is a little overpriced so the total ends up quite overpriced, but you do get a lot with them. You can definitely do it off your own back cheaper (I did last year), but the whole instant social scene and everything on a plate for you is way easier. You also get some great instructors - a lot of the Fernie guys are specifically Nonstop.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boyd, Did the Fernie 3 week course a few years ago when I was just about in my mid 30s, still in my 30s, just. As DaveC, sure it can be done cheaper but I felt it was well worth it. The wife and I did get pretty good accommodation as we were a couple. The instructors were extremely good, I skied, wife snowboarded. The course was sold as preparation for instructor exam, discovering fernie and pushing your own skiing. The general level of other students was fairly low, so even though my skiing did improve by a good margin i felt I was a bit held back and didn’t really personally get pushed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boyd, My wife did the 11 week course with them in Fernie. Very well organised - highly recommended.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waynos, Nonstop now have their own Lodge in Fernie, with I think 160 people at peak. I reckon their numbers are up now and you will end up in a well split group.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everybody for the prompt response. Think I'm going to book the 3 week part 1 course in Whistler that runs late November into December next year. DaveC, did your wife do the course also? My wifes expressed an interest in coming along but simply as a holiday, she prefers to ski from bar to bar and by her own admission struggles with certain pistes. She quite happy to go off and do her own thing through the days. Once again thanks for your feedback.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe one to ask waynos, I haven't done Nonstop or got a wife Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy