Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

supermarket handy for the GM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Title says it all really.

With le crunch de credit i have decided to get as many supplies as possible before getting to Flaine.

So any advice please for a supermarche that is best on the way from Geneva airport to The GM.

I will have my satnav so even a bit off the beaten track is good, a postcode for the place would be superb.

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Funnily enough saw this

Quote:

Supermarket: If you want to visit the Carrefour hypermarket in Cluses (open to 8pm most nights, closed Sunday)
Leave Autoroute at J18, SP Scionzier (and Morzine/Avoriaz/Les Gets), and follow signs for Morzine/Avoriaz/Les Gets through Cluses onto D902. Turn right at the large roundabout after the bridge and several traffic lights. (Les Gets etc signed left at this roundabout, onto a by-pass). Carrefour is 500 m along this road, on R. On leaving Carrefour, turn R (ie continue along same road) and about 500m further, turn L (SP Taninges, Les Gets, etc). Follow to TL, straight across, and up to small roundabout where you rejoin the bypass route).

posted here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1104456&highlight=#1104456
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~dougmacarthur/FromGenevaAirport.html

yesterday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or Migros in Annemasse, which is very clearly signposted off the autoroute, just after the big bends. You can see the "Migros" sign from the autoroute, can't miss it. Also a good sports supermarket for any last minute ski gear which is needed. One peculiarity of that supermarket is that it doesn't sell boooze - there's a separate outlet in the shopping centre but I wasn't impressed with the choice of plonk last time I visited.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ianbradders, Good thinking, supermarkets in Flaine itself are very expensive and in particular the one in Forum is very cramped at end of ski day Sad
We use the Carrefour mentioned above in Cluses. It's a pretty good one, worth jotting down directions. Garage is open Sundays but doesn't accept non French credit cards and is unmanned - guess who had bit of a panic a couple of years ago while running on air rolling eyes , we did find a Total nearby thankfully.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lou, is that definitely the case with the credit card? not just GB debit cards?

Not that i need that but just out of interest.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

a postcode for the place would be superb.

French postcodes seem to cover too big an area to be much help finding a supermarket.

The problem with British cards at petrol pumps - a big hassle in the past - appears to have been solved. All ours credit cards now work in French pumps - Visa and Mastercard - with a chip and pin. It makes life a lot easier.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lou, The Carrefour in Cluses accepts British cards at the petrol station, at least it worked with mine last Saturday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rjs, yes but that was on a Saturday when the station was open as usual. I'm talking about Sundays when the supermarket is closed and the petrol station is unmaned (have never had problem Mon-Sat with GB credit cards). A French friend confirmed that this is often the case. If it's changed that's great but we make sure we don't get into that situation again.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lou, I was using the 24/24 pumps, not paying at the manned ones.

The new type of pumps that accept GB credit cards have a large LCD screen with the card slot, keypad and printer underneath.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs, good so we can fill up on the way home thanks Very Happy Bit of a shame shop isn't open too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Drove down to Cluses to do some (cheaper!) shopping on Friday. Not so, prices have risen a lot since we were last in France in April and not necessarily because of the exchange rate. So my advice to everyone driving is to bring as much as you can with you. €214 for three big bags of shopping which only included one bottle of rum and 12 small bottles of beer and chicken breasts. The rest was purely groceries and everyday stuff Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lou, was that for what people call "a weekly shop" with it being three big bags?

I only hope le crunch hits mainland europe before i go in march. as we have seen prices here are dropping so i assume they will there as well as their currency dropping.

Either way im expecting the worst.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ianbradders, yup, the only luxury type items were those mentioned above Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy