Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Entry Requirements for USA wef 12.1.09

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just found out about this - although it was publicised in June. UK citizens now have to apply in advance (online) for a visa waiver in order to visit Uncle Sam. This is effective from 12.1.09. I didn't know about it and thought it might be useful to alert fellow snowHead

Self explanatory article here:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article4064215.ece

Electronic application form here:
https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_c4B14CFCC-37AA-49F8-CEF8-D15EBEBD464D_kA0F6435C-5ACE-9D6A-0DC5-D47173B59D01
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountainaddict, nice one. It's been mentioned before, but definitely worth a quick reminder for anyone who missed it first time round (or has forgotten since) - especially if they're off to the States for a bit of snow this season.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hope they have fixed the bug in the ESTA system which rejected any passport that was valid for more than 10 years. When I tried to use the system last summer I was not approved for travel.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Daft question I know, but is that the 1st of December or the 12th of January?

(also, is this how you spell twelfth?)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

is that the 1st of December or the 12th of January?

Definitely twelfth (correct spelling!) of January - we are travelling on the tenth (ie prior to compulsory online clearance) but are going to sign up anyway to cover all angles.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If that was a US site - surely date is 1st Dec as their standard format is mm dd yy isn't it. Certainly 9/11 was September not November
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
But of course the article linked as The Times so yes 12 Jan

Read you muppet read rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

If that was a US site - surely date is 1st Dec as their standard format is mm dd yy isn't it

....yeah, but as this is generally an English English site........(ie as opposed to US English)

Quote:

But of course the article linked as The Times so yes 12 Jan
Read you muppet read

We got there in the end...... rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

....yeah, but as this is generally an English English site........(ie as opposed to US English)

...as regular snowHead (that's "UK regular", as opposed to "US regular") will testify....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apply here

Thanks, I just did it.
But when I booked I asked about visas and nobody mentioned this.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy