Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier - how expensive?

Poster: A snowHead
We are busy arranging a lads' trip in early January and have a decent offer for a trip to Verbier.

Given that we may be having the odd half on the trip can any snowHead out there advise how much we can expect to pay for beverages in the town?

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
London Pride - 8 CHF
Guinness - 8 CHF
Lager - 6 - 8 CHF

Happy Hour should = half price drinks, certainly at Pub Mont Fort.

Hope this helps...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think parlor is making that up.
Granted he lives and works in Verbier.
Granted I have seen him in bars on several occassions.

BUT, I've only ever seen him drinking soda water on the rocks, with just a splash of tonic (but don't drown it).

How would he know the price of beer?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
John Crawford, Take the offer... Madeye-Smiley prices are just normal ski resort - e.g. 2 litre pitcher of beer 7€ at the Farinet apres bar in happy hour - not for the faint hearted though...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seriously ski holidays are expensive so let's not kid ourselves. If you add up flights, transfers, hotel, meals, lift passes, insurance, equipment...etc it add up to a lot and it is different from one resort to the other. But drinks?? how much wil you save on drinks? If you decide to go skiing, just go for it. Cheap drinks won't make any difference!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowforever
Quote:

But drinks?? how much will you save on drinks?

I know John Crawford and his crew - at their usual rate of consumption Shocked - drinks will add up to more than
Quote:

flights, transfers, hotel, meals, lift passes, insurance, equipment...etc
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like taking my three away, which is what we will be doing next week. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a bottle of 1962 Dom Pérignon in my fridge that I shall be drinking on NYE, not really very cheap. I hope it made it...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

I'm off to the four valleys in Jan, but staying in Veyzonnaz. Can i expect the same sort of prices there ?

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Vintage champagne is an unusual taste to have, parlor, but yes, even given that will it still be drinkable? I wish you luck.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowball, I will report back. Tonights highlights were a 1959 Sauternes and a 1996 Mounton Rothschilde - a real one...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Without the N. <<hic>>>
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or indeed the e?

'59 d'Yquem? Business must be good Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back at the weekend after 3 days fantastic skiing in verbier/4 valleys. Prices, getting totaly outrageous,single room[barely big enough for the bed] £100 per night with a breakfast not fit for an anorexic mouse. 2 pairs skis 1 pair boots ,3 days £190. 3 day pass £111. decent 2 course meal with wine £50 to £80 each. bottle of corona and small glass of red wine £10.
we normaly ski several times a year and a 3 day diy trip used to be around £400 now its at least double that with ex rate swings ect but there is no doubt resort prices have gone up out of all proportion too. We would be very interested to know at the end of the season if they thought that they had enjoyed good utilisation and therefore maximum revenue,despite fantastic conditions, i suspect not, as with the general state of the european economy, particularly the uk,i reckon there will be lots of empty chalets,beds,restraunts,and slopes.They need to get back to reality,and quick, before its too late!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BGA, sadly not. 1998 Vieux Telegraphe ce soir...
latest report
little joe, welcome to snowHead s

Prices in Verbier seem relatively consistent over the last few years - I've spent the last four seasons there. The main thing that is making it very expensive this year is the 35% drop in the value of the £ vs the CHF over the last year.

I'll be interested to see how things go this year and how busy the bars and restaurants are, but I doubt prices will come down massively.

parlor, never mind, can't drink first growth every night, that would be just vulgar....
snow report
parlor,
Quote:

1998 Vieux Telegraphe ce soir

Ohhhh, yummy YUM! Going green
ski holidays
Hurtle, BGA, can't wait for Christmas Day! Very Happy
latest report
1982 Penfolds Grange. Loving the hangover free lifestyle...
ski holidays
Quote:

Tonights highlights were a 1959 Sauternes and a 1996 Mounton Rothschilde

Quote:

1982 Penfolds Grange.

Quote:

1998 Vieux Telegraphe

Are we meant to be impressed or something Puzzled
latest report
mountainaddict wrote:

Not at all, you are however welcome to be jealous. Or indeed pleased for me, considering that I am having one of the most refined and expensive assaults on my palate ever, and not only is this not costing me money, it is, in fact, making me money... Blush snowHead Very Happy
snow report
mountainaddict, and a happy christmas to you Very Happy
latest report
parlor, this isn't you, is it?

http://uk.youtube.com/v/mtoyLPROLZI

All the references to 'fine wines' and 'quality champagne' and the nickname 'swiss'!! It all fits! Laughing

Have you been trying to impress a ladyfriend these last few days? wink
ski holidays
What's the chalet address again? Sounds like you might be at risk of overindulgence and as a trained healthcare professional it's my ethical duty to come to your assistance.
ski holidays
BGA, my teeth are fine thank you. My lips are a beautiful ruby colour though, and have been since Saturday. Very Happy

luigi, will have to follow the link later. If "Swiss" is a hunk, then yes... Wink
snow conditions
parlor, same hair style wink
snow report
parlor, Intrinsic staining of dental enamel is a very difficult condition to treat and it's major cause is prolonged exposure to tannins. I would advise you to cease drinking fine wine forthwith and wait until you have a qualified professional there to monitor the situation. I'm in town Saturday, and I can bring the appropriate Riedel glassware.
latest report
John Crawford wrote:
We are busy arranging a lads' trip in early January and have a decent offer for a trip to Verbier.

Given that we may be having the odd half on the trip can any snowHead out there advise how much we can expect to pay for beverages in the town?

Thanks in advance.

Been to Verbier 3 times but my company picks up the bill- Thank God!
8 Euros for pint in Pub Mont Fort which was ok a few years ago when we were getting 2.40 Swiss francs to the £. Today it's at 1.50 Swiss Francs!
Last year, i organised a lads trip to Nendaz which is just round the corner from Verbier. Jump on a bus to Siviez (15mins) and you can be in the Verbier bowl within 30mins. Nendaz is half the price of Verbier. A bottle of beer last winter was £2.50. Granted it's not as lively as Verbier but it has a few bars/clubs which were packed whem we were there.
if you need anymore info give me a shout.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have sat in front of me four bottles of 1996 Cheval Blanc, in the fridge - magnum of 1973 Moet, two 2004 Montrachet & a 1959 Rayne-Vigneux & a 1989 d'Yqeum.

(There is also 1996 Belle Epoque for quaffing.)

With only four of us drinking I suggest the turkey will not be dry today.
snow conditions
Penfolds Grange, Cool

But all that overpriced, overrated French muck - you're not a Boarder are you NehNeh
snow report
Quote:

mountainaddict wrote:
Are we meant to be impressed or something

Not at all, you are however welcome to be jealous. Or indeed pleased for me, considering that I am having one of the most refined and expensive assaults on my palate ever, and not only is this not costing me money, it is, in fact, making me money...

Neither impressed nor jealous, just somewhat bewildered Puzzled I just don't get this completely pretentious, big houses, flash cars, loadsamoney mentality that sadly pervades the world - in fact it leaves me completely cold.

It's slipping about on the side of a snow covered hill that does it for me - and (I assume) for most other posters on a snowsports website. Caviar and smoked salmon? Load of w4nk! Waist deep powder? Priceless....(as the advert says).

Still, each to their own....
latest report
Very sad - sounds like new money -no class !! rolling eyes
snow report
We have been to Verbier for a lads trip a number of times. Last time I was scared to work out how much it cost in total though!

Beers might be ok, but if you move on to shorts it becomes more pricey. We reckoned on about £6 for a gin and tonic, but that is for a pretty decent measure and we only let ourselves drink shorts at the end of the night.

After a number of years we discovered two places to get food on the way home. One is "Harold's" on the main square which is a burger/chip shop and internet cafe combined (run by an English bloke) which is open late. The other is an all night bakers (about 50 metres down the road from the main square). You will have to ask directions, but you have to find a side window and shout "service" and one of the workers will sell you stuff out of the window.

I hope you go, because it is a wicked place for a lads holiday. Farinet for apres-ski live band (different one each year but always thumping), cold roast beef (roll it up with a couple of chips inside) at Fer a Cheval ("Furry Shovel"), and off to pub Mont Fort for the rest of the night - full to the brim with all ages and lots of friendly ski chickst to chat to.

PS When are you going, and can I come!
snow conditions
mountainaddict, a chip that big could feed the whole family.

snowbandit wrote:

So very, very wrong.
snow conditions
snowbandit wrote:

it's LORD parlor to you Laughing
ski holidays
parlor wrote:
I have sat in front of me four bottles of 1996 Cheval Blanc, in the fridge - magnum of 1973 Moet, two 2004 Montrachet & a 1959 Rayne-Vigneux & a 1989 d'Yqeum.

(There is also 1996 Belle Epoque for quaffing.)

With only four of us drinking I suggest the turkey will not be dry today.
Got to admit that post struck me as being the tiniest bit naff. But also have to admit to insane envy as well! How did they all drink? And what about the 98 Vieux Telegraphe?
latest report
parlor, how is the season going so far? is there a good base or is it a bit sketchy? are the home runs all skiable? what has the off piste been like? has the credit cruch hit you at all (top end, bankers and all that!), busy in the resort?
snow conditions
parlor wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:

Not at all, you are however welcome to be jealous. Or indeed pleased for me, considering that I am having one of the most refined and expensive assaults on my palate ever, and not only is this not costing me money, it is, in fact, making me money... Blush snowHead Very Happy

I'll happily admit to being jealous, especially if memory serves correctly, 82 Grange was one of the better years!
snow report
Priceless.....LaughingLaughing Laughing
snow conditions
Parlor...may your next guests be as generous....and ask them if it's OK for you to tell Sarkozy to Feck Off if he calls again Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy