Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Korea opens new ski resort with 90,000-bottle wine cellar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As of the past week, Korea has two new ski resorts: Konjiam and O2 . Both are now open for business.

Konjiam seems to be distinctly upmarket, with a "160,000-square-meter tree garden" and wine cellar containing 90,000 bottles, according to this report from SkiRebel Magazine.

Probably enough to go around. How many bottles do you get though in a week?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting set of priorities for a ski resort - but not much use to shoogly.

The you read it is mainly aimed at chidren and beginners and you get even more confused.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't beginners drink?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've not been to Korea since 1997, but if the food is still the same as it was then I'd need that much wine to make it palatable Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yoda, I thought the food there was the absolute dogs'...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swiller, if you're stupid enough to ask for a hot dog in Korea ...

... can we rapidly restore this thread to topics of interest to those wishing to consider Korea as a ski destination this winter?

I'm intrigued by the O2 ski resort, and wonder if it is in any way by any chance related to the two ski slopes currently in the O2 dome in Greenwich? Perhaps we should be told.

Here is the O2 ski resort's website, which seems to be completely mad:

http://www.o2resort.com/SKI/basicInfo.jsp

There's a thing spinning round on the right saying 'Quick Service' and I can't get the 'language select' to work, so I'm struggling with the Korean.

Can you help me out, Yoda?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 19-12-08 0:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The diagram at the base of the page seems to suggest there's 1420m vertical on the mountain, and it says "Amazing Slope!". Indeedy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, more likely that O2 refers to oxygen. When they started building/planning the resort, presumably quite a few years ago, it wasn't called Millenium Dome now was it?

Quote:

Here is the O2 ski resort's website, which seems to be completely mad
and what do you think poor Koreans think when they arrive at the O2 Arena site?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller wrote:
... and what do you think poor Koreans think when they arrive at the O2 Arena site?

"Ha so, Tony Blair give dome to Americans. Americans make money. Give next dome to Koreans, please."
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith, no problem. Just click on the "Language Select" field at the top right and all will become clear wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can't get it to respond. Are you getting English text?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Goldsmith, err sorry, that was a Laughing although I do get "FAQ" as an option, the answers are still in Korean rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I like the nonsense English on the Konjiam website, I presume it sounded more appealing in Korean:

"Times of blissfully, which becomes unforgettable memories.
Feel the nature opening your senses, sweating on body and soul." Confused

Errrm, actually I'll skip that experience if you don't mind!! Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy