Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"1,000 jobs to be created at indoor ski resort in Dublin"

Poster: A snowHead
This report from the Belfast Telegraph

Quote:
The €100m facility is due to be constructed in Tyrellstown, with work set to begin next year.

"Tyrellstown" is actually spelt "Tyrrelstown", as far as I can gather. It's in west Dublin.

Quote:
The company behind the plan says it expects more than one million visitors each year.

What is the company? Can't find any development/developer details about this plan.

Anyone know anything about it?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, I would not hold my breath with the economic climate at the moment. Many of the Irish cubs that did well on the Celtic Tiger have caught more than a cold at the moment! So a snow zone may be the right climate!! wink

Dont think it will go ahead.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, Posting more Bol*&x.

Dublin had a population of just over 1 Million people and apparently snowdomes need a minumum catchment of about 5 mill to be profitable. The population of the whole Island is just over 4.5. Both of the other 2 have gone out the window and from what I hear from the people in hte know more people are cancelling classes than taking them up

This is the 3rd Snowdome to be proposed in Ireland

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/5bn-village-with-ski-slope-put-to-council-61870.html

http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/property/ski-village-with-indoor-slope-for-wicklow-420926.html
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ordhan wrote:

That's very sweet of you. Are you available as a shoe target?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Simply won't happen. Anyone daft enough to put money in this wouldn't have it in the first place. Ireland is rapidly facing the perfect economic storm - ski lessons/practice will the last thing on the minds of many of the newly enriched middle classes in the city.

Also planning is torturous here.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There's a bit more on AIB's business section: http://www.fxcentre.com/news.asp?2346372

But agree that it's a fairlytale ...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree, this won't happen. Lots of civil engineering projects have been cancelled or put on long waits.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
killian, I agree that planning has become more problematic since the departure of Bbbbbbertie wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley, Well that might be a good thing, some very whacky planning passed over last few years in south county Dublin, totally out of keeping with what's there Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here's another report on the development, quoting 700 jobs, and locating the snowdome in north Dublin (rather than west Dublin):

Irish Times: €100m winter leisure park planned for Dublin

Quote:
He [Rick Larkin, Twinlite director] said the company had already raised the estimated €100 million required for the development costs and said the worsening economic outlook for the country was not a significant concern.

“International experience is that in a recessionary environment leisure spend tends to be pretty resilient. People are drawn towards escapism and similar facilities in the UK have been performing well”.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It is the same one David, Tyrellstown is based in West Dublin but it is on the North side of the liffey! The city/county is split by the river and is classed as North or South side irrelivant of its East or west location!

This is the 3rd one propoesed for Dublin and the other 2 where planned in the good times and fell through

As for the shoe Target as an ex special forces member that Journo wouldnt have got his second shoe off if I was in the room so feel free to take your chances Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lou, With all that money resting in his accounts! HE WON IT ON THE HORSES wink wink Just like John Gilligan! Only one of the criminals is locked up.

He wants to be president of europe, Tony B Liar also wants the job. Tony may not tell the truth but from what I know he has not trousered money in a dubious way!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roy Hockley,

"Just because it is highly improbable it dddddoesnt mean that it does not exsist"

"The Lock Ness Monster Taoiseach"

"YYYYYYEEAHH"
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I read that story in the Metro today, it would be nice to have though

Ordhan, if I was Bush's special forces security I'd led him throw the two shoes and a few punches also!!!

Just one correction, the population of the Republic is approx 4.1 million (2006 census), I'm not sure about N. Ire but about 1.5 million I think.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ordhan, True, I believe him, sure he wouldnt tell a porkie!!!

Newsflash, a uncontaminated sow just flew past the window wink
ski holidays
Initial planning application was rejected, all snow lovers out there please go to the website and sign the petition in support of the snowdome http://www.snowtopia.info/
latest report
Roy Hockley wrote:
killian, I agree that planning has become more problematic since the departure of Bbbbbbertie wink

I'm still here Little Angel
ski holidays
Yip, never happen, UKs economy is crap but RoI is built on pure shoite. They need a snow dome like a hole in the head.
snow report
A non-starter. There are many that think Snoasis (which has the go ahead) is also a non-starter.
snow report
Peter Ross, I really wouldnt hold your breath! The point of the planning application originally was to get the apartment built. I think this is the 3rd or 4th one to be proposed. We just dont have a big enough population christ Madrid can hardly support one
snow conditions
At the moment it (and Snoasis) simply won't get funding, equity or debt. Currently development projects considered low risk, struggle to get funding, and that prime market will come back before people are prepared to plough their money into indor slopes, which history shows are very high risk.
snow conditions
Ordhan wrote:

Dublin had a population of just over 1 Million people and apparently snowdomes need a minumum catchment of about 5 mill to be profitable. The population of the whole Island is just over 4.5. Both of the other 2 have gone out the window and from what I hear from the people in hte know more people are cancelling classes than taking them up

Yeah thats why we have no less then 5 snowdomes in the Netherlands, 4 of them within an hours drive of eachother.

The only 1 away from the rest is relatively close to 2 domes in Germany.

Incidentally, the main slope on ALL of them are longer, keeping proper height, then the domes in the UK seem to be, maybe that is the problem.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy