Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airport Transfers St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're looking for a long weekend in St. Anton does anyone have good options for transfers. We've been quoted £500 return to innsbruk for 2 people.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
take the train - from Innsbruck (not sure exactly where, but unlikely to be far from the airport), directly into the centre of St Anton

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/winter/userfiles/PDFs/Zug_St.Anton-Innsbruck_09.pdf
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have you got your accommodation booked , if not you will find it a problem
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
when are you going? February - tough to find short stay accomodation. Jan - should not be an issue
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your help - we're going end jan and have accommodation sorted. I think we'll go with the train option.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Train to St Anton is dead easy so it's not worth doing the taxi option.

Have fun!

D
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skim, Was that for a heli trasfer - think it's costing us a wee bit more than that for 10 of us in a 20 seater bus. Train should be cheapest if there are two of you. Dead easy. Or try this taxi company as they're cheaper than the ones based in St Anton www.innsbruck-taxi.com Taxi is a wee bit quicker than train.
Enjoy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are going to Obergurgl in April (family of 2 adults and 2 children). Again we are flying into Innsbruck, does anyone know the best way to transfer to Obergurgl?

There seems to be a few options, taxi, coach, hire car (though they seem to be shut on a Saturday afternoon when we fly in and out which amazes me!), but not sure what is the best.

All seem to be in the region of £300 but could do with saving a few quid. At the moment i'm favouring getting a taxi outside when we get there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Clough, Obergurgl is less convenient than St Anton by train as there is a long way up the valley from where you would get off the train, so still need at taxi or bus.

They will open the car hire office at Innsbruck for you, you will just have to pay an out of hours charge, usually about £30 ish. This, or a taxi transfer seem to be the main options. I think the Innsbruck airport taxis will be more expensive than a pre-booked one. We used taxi-lenz, but there are a few companies who will do it. I think your £300 is about right though (it's that Euro rate again that is the killer at the mo). Cheapest option I guess would be to get the train to Oetz (I think) and then the post bust from there, but with kids and luggage (plus getting to the station in the first place), it will be hard work!

D
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Deliaskis, Thanks very much for the advise, I was kind of thinking that after looking. I can't see the point of hiring a car if its about the same cost so will probably go with the taxi. Thanks for the taxi company.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Clough, We went with Taxi lenz as well last week as it was cheaper than taxi ossi the obergurgl firm. But came back by bus/train/bus. The post bus goes from obergurgl about hourly down to Oztal station, then train to Innsbruck hauptbahnhof then bus line F to the terminal (about 3 km and 3 euros per person). For 2 it ws about 150 euros up, in about 1 1/2 hours, back we left on the 10.15am bus and without a short stroll round innsbruck to fill time I think we would have got there about 1.30pm. But the taxi would have taken a good 2 hours on the way back as the road down was snowy and we were following a car with the wrong tyres/no chains.....Cost in total for 2 back about 38 euros! I think another time I would book the taxi from Oeztal station to obergurgland get the bus/train that far as that would not add much time but would save money! Just looked and for 4 its around 90 euros from the station up the valley. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
simo1234 wrote:
take the train - from Innsbruck (not sure exactly where, but unlikely to be far from the airport), directly into the centre of St Anton

There is a bus service runs from the airport to the train station in Innsbruck.

From the airport's own website:
Quote:

The public bus „F“ departs every 15 minutes in front of the arrival hall. The trip to the main train and bus station lasts about 10 minutes and costs approx. € 1,60 one way.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Alex et al. I'll let you know how I get on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy