Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Strange skis offered for Rental with sport2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just about to book some rental skis for some friends, they are 2nd week skier and would normally have booked the cheapest 'blue' skis for them.

However, when browsing the sport200 site, a new category has appeard called "Primo" offering dirt cheap skis called "Stuf Invader" ... anybody ever heard of these ?

I think they may be fit for purpose and are certainly a bargain €49 for the week inc. boots compared to next cheapest 'blue' skis and boots at €91 (these are already 30% dicounted rates).

So is it worth a gamble ? Or is this definitely stay clear gear ? Gut reaction is to go for them then upgrade if they're real tosh.

Photobucket
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
masmith, he who dares wins Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith, I can see the banner on the website but when i go to book it isnt one of the options? Have you gone into the booking process?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ianbradders, They must only be available from certain shops/resorts ? I've just booked them and will report back if they turn out to be pathetic.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masmith, have you checked out intersport, not as cheap as those primos you looked at but their blues and boots are 69 euro.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am looking for a cheap option for Ski hire, I would say I am an intermediate skier, are these going to be ok? or will i be able to tell that they are cheap?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jimmy38, I dunno yet, another friend has some booked for a trip mid Jan - I can report back then, but for now you could always book them and then upgrade if they are not suitable
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
masmith, those totally look like they came from old Voelkl 724EXS moulds by way of China.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
comprex, That's quite an eye for detail you have there Sir ! Volkl ... can't be too bad then ? Remember these are for 2nd weekers.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
masmith, the tip protection design is classic Volkl.

With a 70mm waist, 110mm tips, and a slight kickback in the tails, the 724 EXS pops out almost instantly, a light-duty do-everything-moderately well ski.

Now, obviously the skis pictured lose the Motion binding system the Volkls had and get a cheapish light Tyrolia. That's a bit of a downgrade in my book.

Can't say much about the rest; it would be like basing a performance prediction of a Spyder fake on the performance of a real Spyder coat.

Well, actually, I can say one thing, given a choice of lengths pick the longer ones.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy