Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

k2 PE Bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey guys, first post. I have a question concerning what bindings would be appropriate for my skis and my skiing abilities. I am roughly 160lbs, 6ft. and I would say I am a level 7. I have never ridden a pair of twin tips. I recently bought a new pair of '08 Public Enemies (179's) and I am torn between what bindings to get. I was looking at the Salomon z12 TI, the STH 14 Drivers, Fischer x14 wide brakes or not, or any of the Look PX series that will fit the ski. I am wanting something light weight and durable (bindings that will last). I read bindings like Marker Duke's release mid-air, I had this problem with the last bindings I put on my old skis, so I am not looking for any binding that will do this. Any help you guys could give would be great, and the faster the better as I am tweaking to get on the slope. Thanks.

P.S. I should say that I am open to any other suggestions to the list I mentioned.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
woolooloo, welcome to snowHead

I'm a similar height, weight and ski level and have the Salomon z12 TI on my PEs (also 179 but '06). They do the job just fine. No complaints at all.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
woolooloo, welcome to snowheads.

Dunno who said that Duke's have release problems as that's rubbish. The Duke's were a new binding out last season that combines a great alpine binding with a touring facility.
http://youtube.com/v/0IWLDurpHfM

The Marker biometric toe pieces have had a bad rap from certain quarters who reckon that they can pre-release in certain conditions but don't confuse that with the Duke or Marker's new Baron/Jester/Griffon models which share the same toe & heel piece design as the Duke's.

If you do a lot of switch skiing/landings then go for the Marker Jester (6-16 din) or the Griffon (4-12 din) as they have zero delta angle which really helps. Otherwise, & if you're taking air/hucking, go for a metal binding for strength & durability although they will weigh a bit more. This means the higher range bindings from most manufacturer's although the Vist bindings that I sell (wink) are an all metal construction irrespective of the din range.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy