Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A few ski videos to get back in the mood - from Big White, Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd share a few helmet cam vids from last season. Looking forward to getting back out next week Smile
Click "watch in high quality" in the bottom right corner for best resolution.

Tree skiing

http://youtube.com/v/JyQQl82zjrM

Powder

http://youtube.com/v/ELNVLt2JhnY

A bit of sun

http://youtube.com/v/qhPsjRzVdk4
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
uktrailmonster, I can;t watch them at work - Grrr. will watch from home at the weekend. Roll on 7th March Very Happy .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i like the last one.... makes me all jealous - in a nice way Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
uktrailmonster, thanks for those Toofy Grin we re heading that way in Feb/March, could you reccomend somewhere reasonable to stay nearby - Probably a B+B or some such ? wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
can't access youtue from work Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bones, You're best off staying in Big White itself, as the nearest civilisation (Kelowna) is a good hour away. There are no B+Bs in Big White, just a few hotels and lots of chalets & apartments. Of the hotels, I would recommend The White Crystal Inn right in the village centre. If you're looking at apartments, we have a really nice 2 bedroom place in The Raven below.

http://www.ownerdirect.com/bigwhite/vacation-rentals/105720.htm

We're off out there on Saturday, staying over Christmas and New Year. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, snowforever, That's a bit mean of them!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we've used this lot before when we went to whistler a few years ago...

http://www.alluradirect.com/

same idea as uktrailmonster's, link.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice videos uktrailmonster! Ahhh, we did enjoy it at Big White! Very Happy

Bones, we've stayed at the White Crystal Inn both times we stayed at BW and it's fine. Nothing special - apart from being right in the centre of village that you can ski right in to the back door - but nothing wrong with the place. If you do stay, ask for a quiet room. They quite often have live music in the bar and can be a bit noisy if you're above it! We also found out last year the quieter rooms on the other side of the building are the bigger ones, complete with fire Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
uktrailmonster, cathy, thanks guys will take a look Smile Only going to be there one night I think, as we are travelling around. Smile

Which resort is the better Big White or Silver Star ? Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bones, I haven't been to Silver Star so can't really say. Probably if you do a search here for SS there'll be plenty said - I think the village is even smaller than BW and the skiing more testing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bones wrote:

Which resort is the better Big White or Silver Star ? Confused

We can never decide so always spend a week in each. (Well, have done for the past 8 years or so Very Happy )

Big White has more tree skiing, is the bigger area, and has summits well above the tree line. It's also busier. There are some very remote parts of Big White where a local is really needed to find your way in (and out!).

Silver Star has a bit less tree skiing, but there are much more seriously steep (but short) runs. It's also quite a bit smaller and you end up on the same two/three lifts all the time. The new area (Silverwoods) at SS which opened in the last few years has made the front-side more interesting than previously.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy