Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Every ski town needs a cantina" says the Daily Planet

Poster: A snowHead
The Daily Planet in Telluride says that every ski town needs a Mexican restaurant: eat here.

I couldn't agree more. Does your ski town have a Mexican restaurant?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Does your ski town have a Mexican restaurant?

I can report as follows after the last 2 weekends' skiing:

Weekend 1: Yad Moss, Nr Alston, Cumbria[/color]. Sadly no cantina - in fact no restaurants at all Crying or Very sad (though there is a hut half way up the tow where you can eat the tortilla wraps that you brought with you Toofy Grin) . The Langdon Beck Hotel - about 5 or 6 miles from the slopes - didn't look very open as we passed either.

Weekend 2: Swinhope Moor, Weardale, County Durham: ditto Yad Moss - alas no Cantina at the slopes - or in the sleepy hamlets of Daddry Shield or Westgate. Nice tea room in Wolsingham though - but no Mexican delights on offer unfortunately.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Banff-CHeck
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Morzine, nope, and it doesn't need one either.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used to be one in Chantemerle, Serre Che - was quite good too. However, I believe it is no longer. Perhaps one of the 'locals' could confirm.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Schladming - check (was eating here http://www.mariasmexican.at/ last Saturday)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Absolutely brilliant. You clearly had a premonition about this thread.

Thank you for schliding at Schladming
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
wow skiing followed by Dos Equis and a plate of nachos - heaven Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I guess the ski town I've spent most time in (more by occupation than choice) has been Aviemore. At the time there was a dubious and depressing Austrian-themed place on the pedestrian precinct, which people were almost forced to eat in.
Then there was the Happy Haggis on the Grampian Road (main road): a chippie strangely run by French people.

I believe Aviemore's on more of a roll (no not that kind of roll) these days, so I looked up Aviemore Mexican and got
Quote:
Mexican Restaurants in the Aviemore area. Looking for Mexican Restaurants in Aviemore? Our directory provides you with contact details for Mexican Restaurants in and around the Aviemore area.
www.moreuk.com/mexican_restaurants/aviemore

That provided a link to Cafe Mambo, but it doesn't seem to be a Mexican restaurant. Somebody clever should stick one on the hill, with a cactus outside and somewhere to tie up your skiing horse.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would agree, but with the stipulation that it must be a good Mexican restaurant. We ate at the one in Chamonix last year, and it was crap. The bizarre dungeon-like club in the cellar didn't seem to help things, either.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ami in berlin wrote:
The bizarre dungeon-like club in the cellar didn't seem to help things, either.

Sounds more Austrian than Mexican. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bloody funny!
Please accept this tip: genuine Mexican banknote
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB: something to round off the winter, and it's at one of your favourite ski areas:

Quote:
29.4. - 5.5.2009
Mexican week
Hits from Mexico, olè!
Restaurant Big Apple

Location: http://en.kitzsteinhorn.at/sports_active/restaurants/weeks/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, Yes - a couple. The Merry Piglets in JH does a brilliant 2 pint marguerita (american pints though...) which does me very nicely indeed.

Every ski town does need a mexican restaurant, a pizza place and a thai restaurant.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB, There's also http://papajoes-schladming.at/index.php?id=63 which does mexican along with other stuff, but no dungeon
ski holidays
I think there are two (there's definitely one) in Chamonix.
snow report
Isn't the point about Mexican Restaurants in American ski resorts that they serve spicy food which is welcome after a day out in wintry conditions? Wouldn't a decent curry be equally acceptable? Toofy Grin
latest report
If we're talking Tex-Mex, we have two. No genuine Mexican places though.
snow conditions
Alastair Pink, you need those as well. What you do not need is nothing but savoyarde-cheesefests.
ski holidays
The Mexican restuarants so far that have graced Telluride have not lasted. This joint is on the same spot as the last one. Ifr the prices are the same or more I would say goodluck roll on the next idea .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy