Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jahorina near Sarajevo Bosnia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm new here and would appreciate some help please.

Last year I saw Jahorina in one of the mainstream brochures, unfortunately I can't remember which!

My questions are:
Has anyone skiied there, and if so what was it like?
Does anyone know a package company that goes there?
Finally, if no packages are available has anyone booked independantly?

We are a mixed group of beginners/intermediate and a 9 year old attracted to something a bit different, short transfer and Bosnia being outside the Eurozone. We have previously skied in Are, Sweden, and Kitzbuhel in Austria.

Many Thanks for your help in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have been there a few years ago when I was based in Sarajevo with the Army. Its a nice little area about a 50 min drive from central Sarajevo, about 4-5 slow chairs and 7-8 tows serving maybe 20 kms of piste. Some tree lined runs and some above the tree line runs, as its part of republika srpska there is a much reduced mine threat so some off piste is possible. Im not sure what the vertical is, but i dont think it is too great maybe 400-500m and most of the runs are not too long and not too challenging. I would imagine prices are still rock bottom for food, drink and accomodation, and the local are a suprisingly friendly bunch. The snow was always pretty good when we were there and it can be properly siberian if the wind blows from the NE. You can also get to Mt Igman on the other side of Sarajevo pretty easily, I think there is a lot of investment going on now, again its a nice little area, the skiing is tougher, but if think of piste here would still be a bit of a no no as the area was mined in the war, although its prob been cleared now. Hopefully that is some use.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skiied extensively in the Balkans from 1997 to 2001, went back in 2005, and really learnt to ski in Jahorina. Jim's description is about right. The womens downhill race was held here for the 1984 Olympics . The upper road from Pale to Sarajevo is open again and so the resort is only a 20-25 min drive from Sarajevo.

The vertical is from 1900 to 1300 but the resort itself sits at 1600 but most of the time when I was there they only had the resort/peak lifts going. The snow record is superb and when I was there everthing was cheap. A one day pass cost about £15. If you can ski you will have the mountain skiied in a day.

A better option is to stay in Sarajevo city which is one of Europes great cities and drive each day to one of the three areas within a 40 min drive; Jahorina, Bjelesnica (7 lifts, vertical 1,200 to 2,000) and Igman (2 lifts, vertical 1,200 to 1,500).

The only TO I know of is Sunshine World they are based in Central London - www.sunshineworldbosnia.com

Offical website of Jahorina - www.oc-jahorina.com

Offical site for Bjelesnica and Igman - www.zoi84.ba
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks thats really helpful
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you need any future informations about Jahorina or Bjelasnica, I can help you.
Now, sonde last season, there is a new lifts, and in next season thre gona be snow cannons.
Also, yoz can see webcams live: Webcams Jahorina
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wonder if it would be possible to base yourself in Sarajevo, and access these areas by bus? Has anyone tried this? What's the ski hire situation like?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy