Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

all inclusive ski holidays ?

Poster: A snowHead
Taking the family away in late february and also my friend and his wife coming along , due to the horrendous exchange rate , really want to go somewhere in europe that won't break the bank as basically will be around £4.00 now just for a beer then ski hire / lift passes etc , the women are after a hotel with pool /solarium etc also something for kids , whereas the fellas are there for the ski-ing / few beers .

Many thanks
wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andolini wrote:
Taking the family away in late february and also my friend and his wife coming along , due to the horrendous exchange rate , really want to go somewhere in europe that won't break the bank as basically will be around £4.00 now just for a beer then ski hire / lift passes etc , the women are after a hotel with pool /solarium etc also something for kids , whereas the fellas are there for the ski-ing / few beers .

Many thanks
wink

OK, you have made a statement.

But your subject implies a question.

What was it?

And if it was just going to be "Cany anybody recommend somewhere that fits the above?", I think rather more information would be useful, as there are not many places that absolutley couldn't fit that list, apart from perhaps the "not break the bank", but even there we don't know what "the bank" is in this context.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry have i confused you ? Am looking for anywhere that does all inclusive ski holidays ie hotel / full board basis and lift passes etc .

Thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
andolini, full board is a bore on a skiing holiday - you don't really want to go back to the hotel for lunch.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
These people do everything except full board: http://www.equityski.co.uk/index.aspx
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gosh, people haven't been much help here have they!!! I've never done all inclusive but would have to agree that it would be a bit of a tie having to get back for lunch. Why not do half board, there are loads of deals where wine is included with the evening meal. Then u just need to sort lunch (baguette or something next to the slope?). My husband has done a couple of boys ski weekends which were all inclusive, they were with Club Med. Sorry not much help...but at least I tried. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Club Med offer all-in deals
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dunno if you would be better to serch for ski hire and lift pass packages, then get seperate(cheap) accomidation, and then let the ladies pay to use the pool in the hotel down the road. I believe this option offers most flexibility as i agree with red 27, in that going back to a hotel for lunch is a waste of time NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Forget full board option as agree is not that important , had one a few years back in madesimo italy as was quite practical at the time as my daughter was too young for slopes and gave the wifew a chance for a relaxing morning and me a morning's skiing then we'd swap over , really after all inclusive half board with ski hire and lift passes .
Thanks for the club med tip , unfortunately you have to name your resort when making a search , which seems a bit daft as surely would be easier giving you a wider chice of resorts when specifying certain dates .

Ideally looking at a £1500 budget for 2 adults and a 3 year old , if possible ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andolini,

not the most upmarket of companies but Snowcoach (you can fly) offers full board in two of its French resorts, brekkie, packed lunch, afternoon tea and dinner (with wine, I think). The appeal of the resorts, Val Cenis and Val M.. - I forget, sorry middle age - will depend on your abilities. No pools but I think they have outdoor tubs. I've stayed with them in St. Gervais and in Austria and they do ferry guests about as part of the package and offer inclusive ski guiding. I'm certain they will come well within your budget and they have kids' playrooms. Those resorts though are not within easy distance of places for the non-skiers to visit and that may be an attraction for you. Worth a google though,
Aneira
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was under the impression that almost all tour operators holidays were all-inclusive. So do you just want us to say which tour operators are good and cheap? Or do you have a particular country or type of skiing in mind? An idea of your ski standard would help and what sort of thing you like to ski. So is the pool and solarium in the hotel important? That would put you in the top price range. Or is a health centre in the town OK (as at St Anton for example)? Do you want a town with shops or is a nice hotel enough? Obviously a chalet is better value (and self catering even cheaper) but the females in your party sound like they want more... so can you be more specific?
In any case I can't help with tour operators - I want to go cheaply but with my own requirements so I DIY my ski holidays.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, not all tour operators are all inclusive, e.g. hotels rather than chalets on B&B basis. In fact andolini doesn't actually say he wants proper "all inclusive" which means drinks included as well, if he's not after that then it shouldn't be hard to find any operator that does half board, ski hire & lift passes. If he does want drinks included then that is much harder.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

looking at a £1500 budget for 2 adults and a 3 year old , if possible ?

very unlikely, if that is supposed to include passes, ski hire and everything, as well as a pool and sauna.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Interski packages (granted, by coach) to Courmayeur and Aosta/Pila might be worth a look. This season they include the lift pass and also meal vouchers for a snack lunch, that are accepted in many of the mountain restaurants - so it's kinda like full board.

Ski and boot hire is extra.

http://www.interski.co.uk/adultinclusions.htm
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andolini wrote:
Forget full board option as agree is not that important , had one a few years back in madesimo italy as was quite practical at the time as my daughter was too young for slopes and gave the wifew a chance for a relaxing morning and me a morning's skiing then we'd swap over , really after all inclusive half board with ski hire and lift passes .
Thanks for the club med tip , unfortunately you have to name your resort when making a search , which seems a bit daft as surely would be easier giving you a wider chice of resorts when specifying certain dates .

In late February you will be hitting UK half term and French holidays, so you could struggle to find everything for that price.

You probably need to be looking at some of the smaller Austrian or Italian resorts.

I just had a quick look on the Crystal site for holidays leaving 20th Feb to Austria, and I can't really see anything suitable within your budget. You could get the Hotel Walgrand in Scheffau for a total cost of £1681, but the only ones I could find with a total under £1500 would be places like Kirchdorf, which probably wouldn't be suitable as most of the skiing is a bus ride away.

With Rocketski, you could do the clubhotel Rossl in Schladming for £1461 (that is clubhotel board, which means eating out one evening like a chalet). It doesn't have a pool or sauna, but the main sports centre which has both is only 5 minutes walk away as I remember, and the hotel is no more than 5 minutes walk from the main Planai lift. That price is including 2 adult lift passes and two sets of ski/boot hire. If the kid is going to start skiing, their lift pass is free at that age, but it isn't clear what the cost of skis/boots would be.
ski holidays
andolini, are your dates governed by school holidays? If not, it might be worth having a look at Ski Esprit. They have loads of discounted holidays at the moment, provide day care for kids (if that's a consideration) and half board incl afternoon tea usually. Even if your friends have no children, it may be worth contacting the company to see if that poses a problem. From memory, I think one or two of their chalets in La Plagne have either pool/sauna or access to one as part of the deal.
snow report
i was going to suggest club med amie la plagne with igluski as a group of us booked up early for March 14th and got a really good all inclusive deal (£600 all inclusive of lift pass (which right now would be ~£200 for paradiski), lessons if you want them, all meals, all drinks (including coktails, beers etc) at any time, all snacks you want at any time (burgers and the like), flights and transfers, but it's now £900pp for that date and over £1100pp for the dates you're looking at Shocked .

with the exchange rate the way it is now it's looking like a legendarry deal i got our group (feeling smug) Laughing

sorry, i'm not being much help....

if you don't need to go at school half term they still have a deal which is £799 each all inclusive

http://www.igluski.com/aime-la-plagne/club-med---aime-la-plagne_p6868

happy hunting - the season is shaping up to be awesome snowHead !
ski holidays
Skitopia do fully inclusive holidays. They used to offer a free bar at some of their accommodation (bottled beer and chalet wine) don't know if they still do that. They also positively encouraged people to make their own picnic lunches last time we travelled with them...laying out the makings for sandwiches and clingfilm to wrap them in too!

We've had varying experiences with them ranging from the very good to the awful so I don't know whether to recommend them or not....but certainly they were a good way of making sure you knew exactly what the budget was.
snow conditions
As a qualified cheapskate I feel well qualified to advise you on this matter Very Happy

I've managed "all inclusive" skiing for the last 3 years for around £500 per person, with the exception of this year where the price has crept up to £600 pp. Every time has been L2A or LDA on a package deal in a catered chalet. This includes breakfast, coffee and cakes from 4pm onwards and 3 course evening meal with free local vino (whilst you are at the dinner table), also included are flights, transfers, lift passes and standard skis/boots. I spent a lot of time on the net trying to find this years "bargain" but it paid off (well I'll let you know when I get back in Jan).

When you say "all inclusive" I'd use the term "catered chalet or hotel, inclusive of passes and equipment". There are many deals out there and as far as resorts go L2A and LDA are up there with the best when it comes to snow sure skiing and variety.

If you want any more details PM me and I'll pass on some of my cheapskate ski links.

NehNeh
ski holidays
Quote:

L2A and LDA

Aren't those the same place?
ski holidays
Well spotted Embarassed I mean't L2A and ADH Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (Les Deux Alpes and Alp D'huez - excuse my French).
ski holidays
andolini wrote:

Thats a budget for a couple, for a week.
ski holidays
williams691 wrote:
As a qualified cheapskate I feel well qualified to advise you on this matter Very Happy

I've managed "all inclusive" skiing for the last 3 years for around £500 per person, with the exception of this year where the price has crept up to £600 pp. Every time has been L2A or LDA on a package deal in a catered chalet. This includes breakfast, coffee and cakes from 4pm onwards and 3 course evening meal with free local vino (whilst you are at the dinner table), also included are flights, transfers, lift passes and standard skis/boots. I spent a lot of time on the net trying to find this years "bargain" but it paid off (well I'll let you know when I get back in Jan).

That is the important difference between what you have managed and what he wants.

Prices in Mid-Jan are typically only about 2/3 of the prices for the same thing in late Feb.

So your £600 would become £900 and blow his budget Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy