Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone else had internet problems in resort today?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hiya
in Bourg St Maurice. Hubbie is trying to finish a vital bit of work before we can ski - which needs internet connection.
Our connection was working fine last night and then wouldnt work this morning.
Couldnt even get through to France Telecom (and when we do our French is so pathetic you wonder if it is even worth phoning!)
It has just come back on but we dont know if the problem is in our appartment or with France Telecom.
Just wondered if anyone else has had probs.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jayne durham, A quick to your nearest internet cafe will answer your question, if they are online you can send work from there, if its not online then there is nothing you can do.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi riverman. Thanks for that. I did try to phone the local place. They only speak French but I think they told me they had problems... but wasnt sure I'd understood them right.
Hubbie tried phoning France telecom and was wiggling various wires on our router while he was on the phone to them.
Again his French is worse than mine but he thought they said there was no problem.... and then while he was on the phone the internet came back on again.
Hence I have no idea if it was us or them??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jayne durham, soory you having trouble and hope you get it fixed. I would LOVE to have your problem right now.... just finish this piece of work then up those mountains I go. I WANT TO BE IN BSM TOO!!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi mouth
Thanks for the sympathy.... but the rate hubbie is going it will probably be 2011 before we make it up the mountain!
I might have to leave him....and then he'll be even more grumpy
Remote working sounds really sexy - when it works!! But when you have limited language skills (I'm trying to learn really hard - but am not up to France telecom yabbering at me at 100 mph .... and I then have the problem that my technical grasp of I.T is even worse than my French.)

...and in a one bed appartment I have to keep quiet... which is a real challenge

..but hey - the view out of my window is lovely so I shouldnt complain.

Are you coming out this way soon?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
France Telecom have an English-speaking helpline who are genuinely helpful. The number is (in France) 0800 364 775 (0800 ENG SPK) or (international) +33 1 55 78 60 56.

Quote from a thread by Alastair. I have used the line myself to sort out problems, cancel broadband (we now have communal wifi) etc.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks very much Helen - we'll try that if it goes down again or next time we have problems.
You are (as always) a star!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jayne durham, Yes coming out on Friday. We are thinking of "doing a season" next season and taking a 5 month sabbatical to come ane live in Montalbert for the winter. Therefore I can empathise with you and your IT problems and know that could possibly be us this time next year!!

Where abouts are you in BSM? We go to super u a couple of times per trip for shop so sort of know the town. Are you there all season?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi mouth
We are near lidl
I'm here all season and hubbie is coming and going
pm me if you are in the area and pop in for drink! We know a few snowheads like Rob and Snowcrazy and its always good to get to know others
Hopefully by the time you do your "sabbatical" we'll be internet experts (mmmmm) and will be able to advise you on all known problems!!!! Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jayne durham, Fantastic and will do. Have met Snowcarzy too in BSM a few summers ago.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jayne durham, The storms yesterday seemed to cause problems throughout many parts of France. I had severe issues all day with my ISP ( wanadoo, which is France Telecom). Its ok today but would guess they are still having issues.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks for the reply Agenterre. That sounds very likely - as we didnt think there was a problem our end.
...it was just wierd that it came back on just was hubbie was fiddling with wires - and on the phone the Fr Telecom. Probably just a coincidence
I just hope it stays on for at least 24 hours so he can clear this urgent piece of work!!

mouth - look forward to meeting you!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy