Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any chance of a Milky Way thread?

Poster: A snowHead
Looks snowy according to the cams. off there on the 15th January and for an area that usually struggles so I have my fingers crossed. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am not going anywhere near there-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7774287.stm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More of a Mars Bar man myself
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.vialattea.it/en/webcam.html

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/mtgenevre/interface.php?pk_interface=224&m=images&r=panoramique

looks very snowy indeed. As a complete area i suppose you could say that it sometimes stuggles, but only when the rest of the alps struggles. The western end (claviere and Montgenevre) are at pretty high altitude and have good snow records and are a pretty safe bet. Like periods last year and the year before when high temps and lack of snowfall had seriously affected other resorts, these two were 95-100% open with good snow.

wish i was there right now!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just been sent some pics by a mate in Sauze - loads of snow and still snowing snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.igluski.com/italy/sauze-d-oulx-webcams_3484

Sure is.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
up4it ::i was there early this year last week in march, snowed everyday bar the last...

they are really good with the snow cannons and Pbashers,i would not worry too much,, it was only when we dropped into sauzdouez (sp) it became a problem,, we are going back this year Claviere this time on 28th dec
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There has been so much snow that the Col de Montgenevre was closed yesterday and for the majority of today. I'm still not 100% sure about its status.

It was reported that 1.5m on the road at 1800m.

Wonerful pictures of Montgenevre http://pagespro-orange.fr/bertrand.serre/historique/2008-2009/081216/081216.htm

I've also read it is the best start to a season since the 1970's.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Okay now that has just got me really really excited !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
WOW!!!!

go take a look at the webcams for Claviere, Gimont.

look at those pistes!!!!

http://www.vialattea.it/en/webcam.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The one year that i'm not going to Claviere....

i feel sick Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly, look how close one of the chairs is to the snow. You'll be skiing all the way up on the chair. snowHead

First time I haven't been to Montgenevre, had a couple of moments of sadness that I'm not going back. I really do find it a magical place and as I learnt to ski there, close to my heart aswell as a skier.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ha ha ha.... soooo much snow!!!!!

check out the vid. this is anthony, one of the ski instructors out there.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=50767966203&oid=50627999776
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ANy updates ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Drove this morning on my way home from Serre Che, the whole area is looking very white. Snow in Turin, it snowed thursday morning.

I know that there were quite a few lift closures christmas week in Montgenevre due to avalanche risk.
snow report
Overnight snow forecast in Sauze, up to 15cms. Fingers Crossed.
snow conditions
Good news - the forecast for the next few days looks good to refresh in time for my arrival in Claviere on Sunday! Hope to get over to Sauze, though I know it is a bit of a trek.

Can't wait
ski holidays
30cms arrived in Sauze 7th/8th Mister T, I don'th think Sauze in linked to Claviere very well considering it 's supposed to be one ski area.

Plenty to do in Claviere and Montgenevre though, they are lovely resorts.

We are off to Sauze next Thursday, the snow gods have been on our sides this year, conditions and depths are remarkable for early January.
ski holidays
up4it, Claviere is linked to Sauze d'Oulx. Requires a lot of lifts that recently been built with the investment for the Olympics.
snow report
up4it, REalise it is a trek, but planning to at least get to Sauze and Sestriere, even if need to start back straight away! Most of the time will be CEsana / Claviere / Montgenevre

3 sleeps!
snow conditions
Mongenevre from the north side with Mount Chaberton on the left (i've seen video of someone skiing it - crazy)... looking lovely
Very Happy
snow conditions
Does anybody know the best/quickest wayto get to Sansicario fromSauze? Puzzled
snow conditions
jet pack Puzzled
snow conditions
Lol!!! Was hoping there might be a more down to earth way??? wink
latest report
Looking at the piste map on http://www.vialattea.it/en you need to get a couple of lifts up, then ski down.

Up lifts no. 13 and 11,

then either; ski down trail no. 48 and take lift no. 17 up... or take lift no. 16 across to the top of the trail no. 51

and then ski down to lift no. 36, up that and then ski down into Sansicario.

At a rough guestimate, i'd say that lot would take over 1 hour easy.

It's pretty clear on the ski map and it also looks easy to get to Sestriere from the top as well.

Looks like it would be about 25 mins in a taxi, as i know how long it takes to get to Claviere from Sauze. There may be a bus, but i don't know about that.

More fun skiing anyway Very Happy
latest report
Wow thank u for all that info Very Happy Very Happy Will have to take a look at that map!! Def prefer the skiing option Very Happy
Hoping that we will be able to spend some time (well perhaps a day!) skiing over there to see what its like as my 14 yr old daughter is going there with the school next year (probably!!)

Hope the snow stays as fab as it looks now, not going till 8th Feb Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Blueyedgirl,

Just for a fellow Dorset skier, we will try not to use it all up next week Toofy Grin
snow report
1 more week to go n i'll be there Very Happy Madeye-Smiley snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mister T,

Noooooo please dont wink Wish we were going next week... hope you have a brilliant time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Blueyedgirl, OH, all right then. Looking at the webcams, there looks to be more than enought to go around!

WIll report back next week.
latest report
Mister T,

Look forward to reading your report Toofy Grin
latest report
Got a mate out there now. Lots of new snow over the last 48 hours. Quiet slopes and freshies...

I'm really happy for him! Smile

Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy