Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is the Face De Bellevarde suitable for GS?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know what I think, watching the GS yesterday (and again today - I thought we were getting slalom) - what do you think? Is it too steep to make a good race? Is it more exciting to watch as it's so steep?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, slalom was cancelled because of high wind I think.

It would be a tough course down Le Face. More survival than flowing, but it certainly would be a spectacle! I think I'd prefer something a bit less steep to see pure technique come to the fore.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Personally, I thought it was bloody awful, and if it's 15 years before it's used again for a GS then it'll be too soon... (Of course, I suppose we have to suffer it once more for the World Championships yet).

Of course, it did provide plenty of out-takes for the BBC to use next time it wants a montage of crashes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agreed - GS is usually the most graceful of the disciplines (IMO) and yesterdays race looked a struggle for most of the racers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
this is interesting - it's what I thought too, but I wondered if I was out of step. Also both men and women will race GS and slalom on that piste at the World Champs - I was very disappointed personally.

Jerry, Right - no grace in sight! Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Having watched that debacle on Saturday I can see why Killy pulled out of the organisation of the World Championships, very worrying, albeit nothing they could do about the weather on Sunday and at least had the common sense to cancel the SL. Saturdays weather was perfect and there can be no excuse for such bad preparation.

On Saturday it looked to me like Gunter Hujara was not a happy man and I wonder how much 'political' or commercial pressure he was under not to abandon the race purely in view of the forthcoming championships.

It is interesting to note the complete absence of any comment over the falls, injuries, and constant delays for piste repair on any of the official or semi official websites.

That apart, why the hell do the FIS award some venues a World Cup weekend in the same year they are hosting the World Champs?

In this case you could say that perhaps it was good to have a test of the facilities, however;

1) Not every venue gets it? (Are, Sweden in 2007)
2) What are they going to do about such a catastrophic failure?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agreed, I found it pretty harrowing to watch, so I can't even begin to imagine what the competitors were going through.

I think we are used to see the DH 'who can hang on for the longest' style of competition, but with GS falling into the 'technical' side of the events, I would prefer to watch a race that allows the competitors to use their technique to advantage.

D
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
robboj, I imagine some of the problems with preparation were due to the massive dump of snow just before the races, but it just seemed a mess to me, I certainly didn't bother to watch it second time around yesterday. I can't recall when I saw so many top class skiers falling and coming out of the course, or hiking back up or just looking very ordinary. Perhaps they can run the GSs ont he Solaise side? OTOH what's wrong with La Daille? Very nice GS down there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy