Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resort for summer boarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm quite new to boarding but really have the bug - I've got 9 days in Val over Xmas / New Year, a week in Ischgl in March and now looking towards a 2 week boarding break in the summer.

Looking at the options, South America or NZ / Aus seem like the best bets. Can anyone recommend a resort as they all seem to be quite small by European standards?

I know it's early as the winter season is only just starting, but hey you have to have something to look forward to!

Cheers

Jason
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zermatt is closer to home, and very good.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks MIke - How much snow do you get in Zermatt over the summer months? Are the lower runs shut?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
flyingjase, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

In Europe, the summer skiing is restricted to glaciers, which means that the runs are limited to what you would get in the winter.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flyingjase,

Lucky you!

I contributed, briefly, to the Southern Hemisphere thread and there are some suggestions on there. My daughter and her b/f worked a season at TC in NZ and he's a boarder. He never got fed up. Depends on your budget but the ski fields in NZ are very spread out and if you had a car you could definitely easily travel between the resorts out of Queenstown and Wanaka. Wanaka is a wonderful place and so laid back, as beautiful as QT but without the impact of heavy tourism. Google the resorts. They are small compared to European and NA resorts but that's because they are disparate and not linked. What's your level? B/f was advanced and a powder hound and TC has a lot of back country.

As for Europe, as Elizabeth B said, you are restricted to the glacier reorts and many of them have odd weeks when they are closed or restricted opening times eg. 8am - 1pm, due to the sun and slushy runs.

It's a couple of years since my visit to NZ and the cost of living then was about a third of that here so once there it was all very affordable; God knows what it's like now.

Aneira
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys - had a look at TC which maybe too advanced (I'm only beginner) that said, it's always good to push yourself and I'll have done another 2 weeks by then
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flyingjase, If you decide to stay in Europe, we have the biggest snowpark here and it's boarder-mania. If you come at the beginning of the season (mid-June) there's a good chance of being able to ski down to the mid station at 2,600m to start with. After that the glacier is big and you can progress to the park. Plenty of camps to do as well, and some very good instructors not charging a fortune for their lessons. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy