Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cocaine-trafficking student requests ski holiday before sentencing

Poster: A snowHead
19-year-old student Thomas Green from Worcester has asked his trial judge for permission to go on a pre-booked ski holiday before being sentenced next February for intending to supply cocaine: Worcester News

[That report constitutes one sentence]

What is your advice to the Judge, Alistair McCreath?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lock the scumbag up now.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Lock the scumbag up now.

This from the man that spent most of the EOSB cocooned in a narcotic bubble rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Given that he may well have paid for said ski trip with money from drug trafficing I'd say lock him up and give the holiday to someone more deserving such as myself Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, and my supplier should have been locked up Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
last thing he needs is more powder!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Lock the scumbag up now.

There will be a perfectly valid reason why the judge has delayed sentencing until February, so I should think that advice is relatively useless to him.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It seems harsh- just for poking your business into other peoples noses.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not something to be sniffed at, guess he's hoping for some good lines, perhaps he is going to Val D'Isere, would explain why you hear braying men shouting "Charlie" to their friends in lift lines...I'll get me coat
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Surely he is entitled to free ski holiday from the court as well ?

It is the British way, to wean him away from crime and put him back on the straight and narrow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf wrote:
Given that he may well have paid for said ski trip with money from drug trafficing I'd say lock him up and give the holiday to someone more deserving such as myself Laughing

It may be that his family has paid for the ski trip. From the Worcester News report:
Quote:
She [defence barrister] said Green, of good character, would be supervised by his family and his father had entered into a £5,000 surety.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Let him go. Repeal the drugs laws now.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
laundryman, But the drugs laws are working so well. Since they introduced them last century organised crime has almost died out Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Given that he may well have paid for said ski trip with money from drug trafficing I'd say lock him up and give the holiday to someone more deserving such as myself

Has anyone else noticed the increasingly widespread/obsessive (but incorrect) use of "yourself" and "myself" these days?

Their (mis)use has even extended to (amongst others) radio presenters, who quite commonly invite us to "phone myself" or "contact myself." No doubt such presenters have fond memories of their school days, when the teacher would write "see myself" on their homework....

On the back of this trend I understand that the Human League are set to release a remake of their famous hit - only this time entitled, "Don't yourself want myself baby?"

Having said that, I do occasionally use such terminology - particularly on steep runs when I have been known to s*** myself....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
John Crawford, I think the latter is correct, if vulgar, usage. Smile
snow report
A reflexive verb? I wash myself, I play with myself. So should it be "for one more deserving, such as I"?
snow conditions
pam w, more appropriate I would have thought to use the example,

" I play with myself, then I wash myself" ?

Coat already grabbed.
ski holidays
Quote:
She [defence barrister] said Green, of good character
Now, I know defence barristers have certain tasks asked of them, but surely it is beyond even a lawyer to describe someone guilty of drugs-trafficking as being 'of good character'... rolling eyes Confused
latest report
JimW, That'll be your dirty raincoat then?
snow conditions
skisimon,

always prefaced "previous" ie. no cautions/convictions or other record. Until proved otherwise to a criminal burden of proof, we are all of good character. Very Happy
ski holidays
skisimon,
ps until that pesky first conviction
snow report
Surely pleading guilty is equivalent to 'proved otherwise to a criminal burden of proof'? Puzzled
ski holidays
Laundryman, As we'd say in this neck of the woods, "A knaar man!" It translates loosely as "I know."

Seems my attempt at humour was somewhat misplaced. Sigh... rolling eyes
snow conditions
John Crawford wrote:
Quote:

Given that he may well have paid for said ski trip with money from drug trafficing I'd say lock him up and give the holiday to someone more deserving such as myself

Has anyone else noticed the increasingly widespread/obsessive (but incorrect) use of "yourself" and "myself" these days?

Their (mis)use has even extended to (amongst others) radio presenters, who quite commonly invite us to "phone myself" or "contact myself." No doubt such presenters have fond memories of their school days, when the teacher would write "see myself" on their homework....

On the back of this trend I understand that the Human League are set to release a remake of their famous hit - only this time entitled, "Don't yourself want myself baby?"

Having said that, I do occasionally use such terminology - particularly on steep runs when I have been known to s*** myself....

Oh No, that Human League record has already passed it's self life once. Laughing
ski holidays
skisimon, It's previous good character. i/e he has no previous convictions or cautions. In this case, and not knowing all the facts, I see no reason why the Judge shouldn' t grant bail until after his hols. It seems that his potential dealing (note: intention to deal, not actual, which makes a difference) could mean that he won't necessarily even receive a custodial sentence. Depends on the amount and various other factors, including how well his barrister mitigates and the nature of the Judge. Considering Green has been on bail up until now suggests that it is a relatively low level offence as things go.
ski holidays
Also... even attempting to pass someone a joint may be prosecuted as 'intent to supply'. As is someone buying 2 Es at a club with one being intended for his friend.
ski holidays
how about "go f*** yourself"....?? Laughing
latest report
barry, agree
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i think if he's allowed to go it should be on the condition that he's not allowed to ski or board...

he should be made to do some community service in the alps... like shoveling snow from peoples drive-ways, cleaning toilets, hang from a tree... that kind of thing Evil or Very Mad

edited to add:

Maybe he's one of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Puzzled
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy