Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Deux Alps over New Year - how much spending money to take?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2 adults travelling to Deux Alps on 27th Dec, staying 7 nights. We're half board and have prepaid lift passes, but it's our first time in France and we've no idea how much spending money we're going to need. Any advice welcome!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LIzziSnow, that's a bit of a vague question! Do you want proper lunch on the mountain every day? Or just a plate of chips and a beer? Do you like to go out drinking at night? Will you be hiring boots and skis? Do you have to decide in advance? If you have a card you can draw out euros as you need.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As pam w says, without any idea on what you're going to spend it how would anyone know... Work out what it would cost here for lunches, drink breaks (of which there can be many if you get tired easily, require frequent refreshment wink, hide from the cold etc ), add on a contingency factor and convert to euros. If you feel comfortable with that figure and can withdraw money/use a card locally in case you run out then fine. Personally I always take more than we need and this time I'm going to take a larger chunk on the basis that anything left over in € will probably be worth more by the time we return home anyway.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LIzziSnow, I should also have said welcome to Snowheads! snowHead We will try to help if you give us the info. If you're not used to ski resorts you'll find that even in L2A, which is reasonable compared to some, snacks and drinks can cost more than you think.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LIzziSnow, welcome to SnowHeads.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry for not being more specific. We have been on ski holidays before - in Bulgaria several times. Just some idea about an average light lunch (maybe soup or pizza) and hot drinks on the mountain would be a real help. Also, what are the prices in the bars like?
We do generally take more than we think we'll need, but it's good to have a rough idea. Cheers for any advice![/list]
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
... oh and forgot to add, we don't need boots or ski equipment as we have our own!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LIzziSnow,

I like to eat on the mountain and enjoy myself in the evening. Usually take £300.00 worth each for spending money. Lift Pass, Ski Hire H/B seperate.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can go on a family catered chalet holiday and spend a fingers worth. EoSB 06 I spent an arm and a leg.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
LIzziSnow, welcome to snowHead

We have been to L2A several times now and would suggest that you could probably get a light lunch and drink at any of the mountain restaurants for about 15 euro each, of course it could be a bit cheaper back in L2A. There are plenty of people on the forum who live in L2A or who are regulars there, so I'm sure you will shortly get a much more definitive answer about lunches and bar prices.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers johnboy - that gives us some idea. What are the bar prices like? We usually drink wine/beer.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LIzziSnow, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/3190271/Les-Deux-Alpes-ski-guide-bars-and-restaurants.html
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jug of beer (Kronenbourg or similar) for about 10€ in the Lutins Hotel bar.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LIzziSnow, Welcome to snowheads. Hot drinks on the mountain are around 3 euros 50 +/- a few centimes. I can't really say about bar prices because I don't go out much so don't notice. Croque Monsieur is the best light snack ont he mountains - pizza is generally expensive. Very good pizzas at the toura restaurant though - 1 between 2 people is probably OK.

If you've only been to Bulgaria you will probably be shocked at the prices and also at the size of the place and the ski area + the speed of the lifts!

If you want to go to a bar for New Year's eve you'll have to book in advance and pay an entry fee, but you can stay at your hotel for free. If you're doing a TO thing, then they usually have subsidised bars for the evening.

sorry not to be more help.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy