Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips for Val thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I`m looking for some tips for our first visit to Val Thorens - looking for good Blue (or very easy red) standard runs and routes to the different villages e.g. Meribel, Les menuires, Courcevel etc.
Also any good places to visit at night and reasonable places to eat.

Cheers

Paul
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulmo101, welcome to snowHead
Nightlife depends on taste, age, etc... so a little more detail would be helpful.
Tete Rond is a lovely run that fits what you're looking for - accessed via funitel Peclet, turn right at the top.
Lac Blanc is a big fav of mine, also accessed via funitel Peclet, turn left at the top. Caution for the nervous skier on the first and last sections so you might want to leave it til day two.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Thanks for the reply.

We are aged "around" 45 son is 17.

We enjoy live music, not too keen on discos and enjoy a pint of lager. Probably not too many late nights as we hope to do loads os skiing.
We are there for new year so hope to find a good bar for new years eve and probably ski a "little later" on new years day.
Thanks for the info on the runs - any more suggestions are most welcome. Also ineterested in getting from area to area, on skis, using blue runs and tips on the not so busy areas are all most welcome.

Thanks agian for replying.

Paul
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Top of town will probably suit best. Frog and Roast Beef is popular, I find it too loud myself, and just a couple of doors down - and down some stairs - is the Viking which has a pool table in the world's smallest pool room.

Best advice I can give on routes is to read a few threads posted last season. One from JohnnyBoy, which will take a couple of days to read but is well worth it as he is an excellent writer and incredibly thorough and descriptive about runs et al, and a couple from me which are considerably shorter and less thorough.

Hello from Val Thorens by JohnnyBoy
Val Thorens Xmas 07 by flowa
Val Thorens Easter 08 by flowa

I hope these help.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A blue I liked (as a nervous skier) was Moraine - and it finishes right near a refreshment stop!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
flowa wrote:
paulmo101, welcome to snowHead
Nightlife depends on taste, age, etc... so a little more detail would be helpful.
Tete Rond is a lovely run that fits what you're looking for - accessed via funitel Peclet, turn right at the top.
Lac Blanc is a big fav of mine, also accessed via funitel Peclet, turn left at the top. Caution for the nervous skier on the first and last sections so you might want to leave it til day two.

Would certainly agree with this, Tete Rond was by far my favourite Blue In Val Thorens (This was teh first run I ever did on a mountain after doing my lessons at the Snowdome). I also really enjoyed the top reds (Coraia & Bouchet) down from the Summet Des Pistes which you get to by going over to next valley which takes you to Orelle however the runs over there consist of a horrible black and a very steep red so maybe give that a miss but if the weather is good I think those runs are well worth it!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulmo101, as above. For a trip to St MArtin de Bellville take the Plan de Main chair and Boquetain Gondola to the top of Mont de la Chambre, take the blue of the same name down to Les Menuires and catch the Roc de Trois March gondola up and the ski toa and ascend the Roc de Trois March 2 chair. Ski Grand Lac down towards St Martin. A great run on the top half.. 2 great restos - The grand Lac at the bottom of the Granges chair and on the left, just above the start of St Martin chair is Corbeleys (sp). If you are skiing well then get the chir up and ski the top half of th red " Jerusalem" back down to the chair start.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulmo101, take lots of warm clothing... Skullie
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had a great real burger in John's (top of town near World Bar and the dodgy Mexican place). Pretty greasy chips but definitely worth a visit.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dont take the long red (Bd Cumin) to Les Menuires - it is flat as hell and horrible Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dont take the long red (Bd Cumin) to Les Menuires - it is flat as hell and horrible Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CarlT wrote:

Especially if you do it twice. Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OK so how did you afford to do anything in VT over New Year???

Take lots of cash just for the beer! not to mention chips and pizza

Bd Cumin was closed last week
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulmo101,
Quote:

places to eat

Don't order anything from the miserable git on the patio at the Knife and Fork restaurant on the piste. It all taste's like out of date flip-flop Wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just to give you an idea of a run in val thorens, here is a video of lac blanc from top to bottom last saturday (3-01-09) with nice sunny skis a hard packed snow with a few icy bits!
http://uk.youtube.com/v/lrdW4i1TakY
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy